• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the activex control for flash player could not be registered windows 7

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting this message when I try to install flash player 13 on windows 7 x64 in Internet Explorer 11

This works fine in Firefox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

Give it a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the following to work:

1- Permissions must be set manually on

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ( as Administrator -- right click on folder's name then launch Properties, switch SECURITY section and select your user. REMEMBER: your account must be administrator rights. check under Allow boxes there, then Apply all changes)

2- Same process must be done also for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

3- Download latest http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

4- Use MSI Installer do not use install EXE versions. It doesn’t work. MSI installer worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the standalone uninstaller then the method a2zbus described above and it worked for me.  I was signed into my PC as a local administrator so I already had full rights to both of the Macromed\Flash folders.  I had also gone through the process in the video linked by Mike M beforehand and deleted various files so that may have contributed to the success as well.

I have a feeling though, just using the MSI installer instead is what did the trick for me.  I verified installation by using the "Check now" button on this page:  Flash Player Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines