11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2014 2:19 AM by Atiqur Sumon

Photoshop CS6 edits not saving

Kaitigner

So for the past week or so, everytime I try to save as any image in photoshop it will not save any edits I make.

I will save anything I do in RAW, but once i open the image in photoshop and run any actions they wont save. I have tried running one action at a time, I have tried save the RAW file as a JPG and then going back and running actions over it, but nothing is working! It doesn't do it every single time though, thats whats confusing, I have not changed anything but it randomly wont save them.

If anyone can help me I could really appreciate it

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving
          Curt Y Level 7

It may be a permission problem.   Is the file writing to read/write?  External or internal drive?  OS?

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Are you looking in the right location?  Or are the images saving to somewhere else, and you are looking at the originals?

What operating system are you using?  If Windows, open the file location in Explorer, and view in Details mode so you can see the date saved information.  Does that tally with your saving the image?

Do a Save As from Photoshop, so you can see exactly where the saved files are going to.

Also check Preferences > File Handling and see if Save As to original location is checked

Save as.jpg

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving

Actually Curt may well be right.  Especially if using a Mac, as we have seen quite few Permissions issues here in the last few months.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving
                Kaitigner Level 1

I am using Windows.

They arent saving elsewhere I have checked.

All the info says that it was just saved and even when i save it as a PSD and not a JPG it does the same thing.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving

What happens when you Save as to different location?  Still the same?

Is this behaviour limited to Photoshop?  Can you try some other apps to check?

I'm thinking it could be operating systems related as much as Photoshop, but if it is just Photoshop, nothing short of a reinstall is going to fix it.  You could try resetting Preferences, but my gut feeling is that it won't help.  (Hold down Shift Ctrl Alt right after starting Photoshop)

• 6. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving
                    Kaitigner Level 1

So, nothing changes when I save it elsewhere.

Yeah its limited to photoshop, my bridge, lightroom and illustrator are all working just fine.

I have reinstalled it twice already over the past 6 monthes, for this problem once before, and another time because it was saving everything insanely noisy, it went away for a while but now it is happening again.

• 7. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving

What version of Windows?  How old is it?  If you say it is XP, then there's no hope for you.

How many physical drives do you have?  (Not counting partitions)  If more than one, try saving to a drive other than the C: drive.  This can be a data stick, or external USB drive.

How much room is there on your C: drive? 

I think your computer might well be sick, and you should make sure you back everything up before it dies.  I also think the problem is at least as much an operating system as Photoshop, and probably much more related to your OS.

• 8. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving
                        Kaitigner Level 1

It is totally XP :[

I have 2 external hardrives and I have been backing everything up lately for fear of my laptop dying anyways.

I only have 80gigs left on my C: drive. I try to clean it out to make sure theres always atleast 120gigs free, but lately it has been getting fuller.

• 10. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving

Download and install WinDirStat

https://windirstat.info/

And look for big chunks of drive space than might be retrievable.  I don't know how this works with XP, but with Windows 7 you can win back tons by

Disabling Hyphenate

moving Downloads, My documents, Desktop, Outlook cache, Bridge cache, iTunes library and other stuff to other drives. 

Basically, use WinDirStat to track down the space, and Google the solution.  I reinstalled my OS and apps a few weeks ago using a pair of 265Gb SSDs in a raid0, which doubled my OS drive space, and I have been too lazy to sort it out since.  So this is how WinDirStat mapped my C: drive.  I click on that big blue area, and it tells me it is the Windows Page File, so I have to leave it alone, but you'll find a ton of stuff you can move.

windirstat.JPG

But while this will give you more room, I now strongly suspect that both your operating system, and the mechanical integrity of your C: drive, are in very poor shape.  The good news is that you are going to absolutely love the new computer you are going to have to buy, and everything is going to run so much better.

• 11. Re: Photoshop CS6 edits not saving
                            Level 1

Wonderful sunset.