4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 6:44 AM by JesBo

.ts-files with multiple audio tracks / Premiere Elements 12

JesBo Level 1

Hello forum,

once more I need a little help please.

I've created successfully a few DVD's, and by now I'm a master in creating my own menue templates , but now I have again some problems.

I imported a .ts file which I recorded on my Sat Receiver. This file contains a video track and 2 audio tracks:

1. German 6-channel AC3,

2. English 2-channel AC3 (I can add a screenshot of the file info's if needed).

Now my problem is that I only hear some kind of background sound, music and so on, no voices. So not really one of the tracks I mentioned above.

The file works good when I play them with VLC player, and I'm able to chose the 2 languages there.

What I don't really understand is, I created several DVD's with exactly the same file type, I mean the file info's are identical except the lenght differs for a few minutes.

Is there a way to chose the audio track in Premiere Elements like I can chose it in VLC player? Or is there another way to bring the voices in there?

Thanks in advance,

Jessie

My system is a Macbook Pro, 16 GB RAM, 2.5 Ghz, Premiere Elements 12

• 1. Re: .ts-files with multiple audio tracks / Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JesBo

Here is my take on what you report.

If you have a file with 2 audio tracks, it will be imported and exported from Premiere Elements as one.

You may be able to use an audio editor to separate the two and then import two audio files into Premiere Elements with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders.

If you are preparing this for insertion in a DVD template, remember you have a max 30 sec play for this audio insertion. Is there any possiblity that your voices do not occur within the first 30 second play time of the file in the disc menu?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: .ts-files with multiple audio tracks / Premiere Elements 12
            JesBo Level 1

Hi ATR,

thanks for your reply.

It's a TV series I recorded which I wanted to burn on DVD. I don't need the sound in the menue template. It's just that I don't hear one of the origial sound tracks, German or English, I only hear some background noise and background music.

What I don't understand is that it worked fine with 15 other files, all with the same file informations.

Guess there will be no other way than to find a programm which extracts the different audio tracks. I have one, but there I only hear the English track, German is very low in the background. Oh well, I want my Windows PC back Not easy to find something for a Mac...

Thanks again,

Jessie

• 3. Re: .ts-files with multiple audio tracks / Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jessie

Thanks for the follow up.

You wrote

What I don't understand is that it worked fine with 15 other files, all with the same file informations.

Are you saying that 15 files from the same lot processed through Premiere Elements 12 Mac without audio issues? Did they all enter the same project or were different projects involved?

Just curious...if the file was created with 2 audio streams, one 5.1 channel and the other 2 channel stereo, how did the file present - 5.1 channel or 2 channel?

And, consequently, what did you or your the program set as the project preset? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they appear to be grayed out).

ATR

• 4. Re: .ts-files with multiple audio tracks / Premiere Elements 12
                JesBo Level 1

Hi ATR,

yes, that's what I meant. It worked without problems with a lot of files in different projects. I made a few screenshots, maybe they help to get it fixed.

This is the file that worked fine:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-17 um 21.53.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-17 um 21.54.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-17 um 22.07.33.png

And this is the one that doesn't work:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-17 um 21.55.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-17 um 21.55.40.png

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-17 um 22.23.54.png

By now I haven't changed anything in the settings as I don't know what I could change.

The files that worked came out with the german soundtrack, so I assume 5.1 channel.

I'm really out of ideas now :/

Jess