7 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2007 4:44 PM by kglad

Controlling frames

Marko20
      How can I write an actionscript that tells frame 1 to frame 1000 that I want all movie clips to be set to alpha = 0%.
        • 1. Re: Controlling frames
          Damon Edwards Level 3
          create an array of all your movie clips and on frame one refer to that array to make them all 0. dont have any keyframes on that layer between 1 and 1000
          • 2. Re: Controlling frames
            Marko20 Level 1
            I wouldnt even know to to start that array haha, i'm a newb.
            • 3. Re: Controlling frames
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              use the prototype code is gave on frame one and put another onLoad prototype on frame 1001 that sets the default _alpha to 100.
              • 4. Controlling frames
                Damon Edwards Level 3
                i believe this will work. kglad, correct me if im way off please...
                • 5. Re: Controlling frames
                  no, your code wouldn't work for a few reasons.

this op is having trouble because he wants to control the _alpha of movieclips BEFORE they exist (on frames 2...).

he could use:

• 6. Re: Controlling frames
                    Marko20 Level 1
                    Wow thanks for the help I really appreciate it when I use kglads code it wipes out my whole screen even the graphics, i'm about to try making arrays, but theres no way to write a code that changes specific movie clips to alpha = 0. Its just 6 movie clips on my main timeline that I need to be set to alpha=o, and if they push a button then it will show alpha = 100% on those specific movie clips. All this is 6 pictures each picture is 90 frames long, for each picture it has a button below that gives you an option to pull up captions, well Obviously each caption is a movie clip that needs to be 90 fames long with the pics and it all has to be in the main timeline because it will be put into a video player that rewinds and forwards so if the captions are up it needs to change with the video of the pictures while rewinding or forwarding. Is there a way I can send somebody the fla so you can take a look at it?
                    • 7. Re: Controlling frames
                      the code i gave only changes the _alpha of your movieclips. exactly as you requested.