3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2014 2:16 PM by George_Johnson

managing protection policies in Acrobat

cl314

How do i make a new encription policy available for other users on the machine? The ones I am creating are attached and registered to my profile only.

• 1. Re: managing protection policies in Acrobat
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can export various security settings (that can include just the policies) to a file and import it when logged-in as a different user. Exactly how you do this depends on which version of Acrobat you're using. For example, in Acrobat 11 you'd select: Edit > Preferences > Security > Security Settings > Export > Security Policies [select]

• 2. Re: managing protection policies in Acrobat
            cl314 Level 1

I have a local account on a windows server 2008 used as application pool

for a web service application. I am using acrobat JavaScript to format the

bookmarks and attempt to secure the document. The policies were created

using the account but the vb code behind the service does not see the user

created ones but just the default. I errored the service after

instantiating acrobat and the task process was under the right user. I

coded the service to list policies and only the two default are seen.

Sorry to download all this but I do not know how to automate the

encryptions.

And I cannot create a policy by js on the fly.

Thanks, Calin

• 3. Re: managing protection policies in Acrobat
              George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You're not going to get help here with using Acrobat on a server since you are not allowed to by the Acrobat License Agreement. Acrobat's also not well suited technically for that type of use.