3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2014 7:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Grey borders appear around inserted photos in videos

Laurie123

Hi,

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and am quite new to video editing. I am creating a video of myself talking against an infinity white background. I'm trying to insert some excel charts next to me talking. I've turned them into photos (JPEG). However when I insert the photo into my video, clicking no to 'video merge' a thin grey border appears around the photo. I've checked and this is not there in the photo. It also appears if I leave the photo in photoshop format. Is there a way to not have this border? Let me know any important details I've missed off.

Many thanks,

Laurie

• 1. Re: Grey borders appear around inserted photos in videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Laurie123

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Pending further details, I might suggest cropping the edges with the Crop Tool

Edit Header/Effects/Video Effects/Transform/Crop.

Does that work?

But let us see if we can determine the origin of the this thin grey border that you report is not in the original image.

Also, what is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses. There are display issues specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card. That answer is to roll back the driver version to about May 2013. Details are in an Announcement at the top of this forum. Please let us know if this applies to your case.

Is the problem only with this one photo or with all? That will rule in or out a lot.

We will be watching for your follow up details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Grey borders appear around inserted photos in videos
            Laurie123 Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply. yes cropping worked perfectly.

I do have that graphics card, I had not realised that so will look at the forum post you mentioned.

Laurie

• 3. Re: Grey borders appear around inserted photos in videos
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Laurie123

Thanks for the follow up. Glad that the cropping suggestion worked for you.

For your convenience, the following is a copy/paste of the Announcement at the top of this forum. All the details of the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce Roll Back are included

Announcement: Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are a Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card and you are experiencing Premiere Elements 10 display and/or unexplained program behavior, then your first line of troubleshooting needs to be rolling back the video card driver version instead of assuring that it is up to date.

Since October 2013 to the present, there have been a growing number of reports about display and unexplained workflow glitches specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer has a NVIDIA GeForce video card. If this applies to you, then the “user to user” remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce video card driver as far as is necessary to get rid of the problems. The typical driver roll back has gone back as far as March – July 2013 in order to get a working Premiere Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has taken any corrective action in this regard to date, and none is expected moving forward.

Since October 2013, the following thread has tried to keep up with the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA reports

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

A February 2014 overview of the situation as well as how to use the older NVIDIA GeForce drivers for the driver roll back can be found

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.ht ml

Continued success with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR