3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2014 2:28 PM by A.T. Romano

MP4 Videos in PE10

Wig11

I am using PE10 and have several mp4 video files that I would like to put onto a standard dvd to play on television dvd player (not blu-ray)...I would like to put several files together and edit them to make a menu with scene selections...can anyone tell me how to do this please...

• 1. Re: MP4 Videos in PE10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Wig11

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, what video card/graphics card does your computer use? If NVIDIA GeForce, then please read Announcement on Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA at top of this forum.

What are the properties of these mp4 videos? And, where are these mp4 video files now, saved to a computer hard drive space or somewhere else?

Generalizing and assuming that these mp4 videos are saved at a computer hard drive location, then you use Premiere Elements 10 workspace Get Media/Files and Folders to bring the files into the project and on to the Timeline.

Starting off correctly with a project preset to match the properties of your source media is an important consideration.

With more details we could offer a more fine tuned response.

For your convenience and if necessary, the following is the link to the Premiere Elements 10 Help PDF which should give you an excellent overview of Premiere Elements 10.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/10.0/Using/premiereelements_10_help.pdf

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: MP4 Videos in PE10
            Wig11 Level 1

Operating Sys :  Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD 7560D Graphics 3.20 GHz

Not sure what you mean by properties of mp4 videos but most of them when I click on details are around this: 

Listed as MP4 Video (.mp4)

Frame width 854, frame height 480, data rate 504kbps, total bitrate 623kbps, frame rate 23 frames/second

audio bit rate 128kbps, channels 2 (stereo), audio sample rate 44kHz

They are all saved on seperate hard drive I use for saving videos only, no operating system on it...let me know if more details are needed...

I know how to edit etc...Just cant get them to work on regular dvd player...

• 3. Re: MP4 Videos in PE10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Wig11

If you want to view your .mp4 files using your DVD player, then you are going to have to get them into a video presentation in DVD-VIDEO format on a DVD disc.

This is the general idea as a first pass at this...

a. Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Set the project preset in the new project dialog = NTSC DV Widescreen (if NTSC setup) or PAL DV Widescreen (if PAL setup).

There are technical considerations here that I sparing you at this time. Right now, I am just interested in the Edit area monitor space that the above project preset will supply in the Edit area monitor for your 854 x 480 source resolution that indicate that you have.

b. Edit...Timeline markers if you are planning for a disc menu

c. Disc Menu

d. Export

Disc

DVD

disc with preset = NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or PAL _Widescreen_Dolby DVD (depending on the system that you are setup for)

e. How does that play back on the computer player and DVD player?

As an aside, are you having any display problems with Premiere Elements 10. It is good that you do not have a NVIDIA GeForce video card. So, you escaped that epidemic. But, your computer appears to use 2 video cards. Typically Premiere Elements does not work well with 2 video card systems. So, any display problems, please let us know right away.

Please review. We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR