3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 7:44 AM by Emmy52

edge hangs/crashes on page load if audio elements are included

Emmy52

Hello all,

I have a project that keeps hanging on page load if I include a set of audio files.  I have these audio elements set to play at a trigger near the beginning of each page.  There are several other audio files that play on click on each page and these don't seem to be a problem.  The pages load and I can access the stage in edge, however, if I include the final set of audio files then edge hangs before the page is fully loaded and I have to force quite. 

I read on another page that text blocks can cause this so I removed all of my text blocks from every page, but no difference.  I have created new audio files in case there was something wrong with the original ones, but again, no difference.  I am out of ideas.  Is anyone else having a problem like this and do you know how to solve it? I am running OSX 10.9.2.

All the best,

Emmy52

• 1. Re: edge hangs/crashes on page load if audio elements are included
          Emmy52 Level 1

Aaaggghhh!!! My page preview and my html pages are both showing up blank!  I just took out the triggers to play the audio files and set them to autoplay and now my pages load properly, except that when I try to preview them or open the html pages in the browser they are empty white pages!  What happened? Please help!

• 2. Re: edge hangs/crashes on page load if audio elements are included
            resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you post a link to your files or can you show us the code you use for the sound. If there is any problem on one line, it will mess up the rest.

• 3. Re: edge hangs/crashes on page load if audio elements are included
              Emmy52 Level 1

Hi resdesign,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I had originally inserted a trigger at ¼ of a second on the timeline of the main stage, and then used the code hint “play audio”, so it looked like this:

// Play the audio track.

sym.$("narrationpg3")[0].play();

Since this caused crashes, I removed all of the narration files, removed the triggers, and set each narration track to “autoplay”. Then I began to import the narration tracks one at a time again.  This was working beautifully up to a point, but once I had about half of the files back in, edge started crashing again. Perhaps there is a limit to the number of audio files edge can handle? I should also mention that all of my pages are in one folder, so the media folder is over 21 MB.  I’m not sure if this is considered large or not.

Now, I think I will remove the narration tracks from most of the pages again, then export the remaining pages.  I can then strip the audio out of them and move on to the next few pages.  A bit laborious but I am hoping it will work!

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Emmy52