4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2014 3:24 PM by gregmccorkle

Issues with Dropbox

gregmccorkle

I rescently created a video in Premiere Elelments that had an audio issue when put into Dropbox. The video had some scenes shot with a Canon 5DmkIII, the audio files from the Canon did not transfer. Every other audio file in the video was fine. ANy thoughts?

• 1. Re: Issues with Dropbox
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gregmccorkle

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please confirm

1.  Canon 5D Mark III produced assumed video with linked audio (the video compression is H.264; the audio is mono, not sure what format)

What did you record...

1920 x 1080 p 29.97, 25, or 23.976

or

1280 x 720 p 59.94 or 50

or

640 x 480 (25 or 30)

2. How did you import that video into Premiere Elements? Did the Timeline content play back in the Edit area monitor with sound? Did you see audio content in Audio 1? If yes and you continued

3. What were the details of your export of the Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive? After you exported that to a file saved to the computer hard drive could you play back that file there video and audio in one of the computer players? If yes, was the problem of no sound in the Dropbox upload?

Please confirm those points so that we know where to target the troubleshooting. We will go back and ask more questions about the project set up later if indicated.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Issues with Dropbox
            gregmccorkle Level 1

AT,

I recorded at 1920x1080 with a frame rate of 80 and F stop of 22 (very bright day). Editing was done in Elements 10. After rendering the video played fine on my computer using Microsoft XP. The issue popped up when it was downloaded through Dropbox.

To further complicate things I just re rendered it and sent it through Dropbox to my client and it came out fine... but it would be good to know what was going on as I'll be sending video to this client all summer.

Sincerely,

Greg McCorkle

FOTO54

PS. I just ordered Premiere Pro 6 for future editing.

• 3. Re: Issues with Dropbox
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gred McCorkle

Thanks for the reply. Glad to learn that your second Dropbox upload and download were successful. My first impression is that you encountered a Dropbox upload/download independant on the performance of Premiere Elements 10 Windows XP 32 bit.

As for the first Dropbox upload/download which was unsuccessful...if you exported from Premiere Elements 10 successfully, played back that export on a computer player, then the core had to be

a. you used Premiere Elements export settings which are not supported by Dropbox....to investigate that scenario, we would have to look at in detail the export settings that you used to export your Timeline

?

Presets = ?

Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab Export Settings ??

Although the setup of the project is important to its success in many respects, my first impression is that if Premiere Elements 10 were involved in the flawed Dropbox download, Premiere Elements export would be the place to start. So that is where I am starting in the search for whys.

Lots of questions still in the wind....where did you get a 1920 x 1080 @ 80 frames per second for the import? Premiere Elements 10 project presets do not include that nor does its Share export section. In some exports you have choices from 10 to 60 frames per second. Lots to discuss if you have the time.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Issues with Dropbox
                gregmccorkle Level 1

On the go right now but the fps and f stop were the camera settings during filming. Thank for the quick responses. 

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

<div