2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2007 2:38 PM by paperworld

Adding Removing Source Paths in Library Project resets all resouces included in Library

paperworld
      Create a new library, add classes and/or other resources and add source paths to other code.

Now select all the resources to be included in the compiled swc

now go back into properties and change the source path items (add another path or remove an existing path

click ok to go back to the ide and the check your properties again and all the resources will be checked.

or at least it happens that way on my PC (win XP) version of the beta... this is frustrating if, like me, you want to deselect various classes in various packages until you have a stable build of a current project.

Thanks

T
        • 1. Re: Adding Removing Source Paths in Library Project resets all resouces included in Library
          Hey, I am trying to reproduce this issue and I am a little unclear about exactly what you are doing. Are you adding resources for a source path, then changing the source path? And the the resources are still being added even though the source path has changed?
          If you could give me exact repro steps, that would be great.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Adding Removing Source Paths in Library Project resets all resouces included in Library
            paperworld Level 1
            sorry for not being specific enough... here's the steps:

1 - create a new Flex Library Project and add the class directory structure to the project directory.

2 - go to the properties window and click the source path tab - add the source paths to the classes in another project that are referenced by this project.

3 - go to the classes tab and select all the classes so everything will be included in the swc - then deselect a couple.

4 - close the properties window.

5 - open the properties window again and edit the source path - now i can't remember now (cause i'm not at work anymore where i discovered this problem) whether i had to add or remove a source path to get this - could happen in both instances - so add a new source path.

6 - close the properties window.

that should be enough - it was in my case - to cause all the classes in the project to now be included. If you go back to properties and look in the classes tab all the classes are now ticked.

I discovered this cause i have a set of library projects that i'm using to build a fairly large modular project. I'm including everything except one package and a couple of classes in another package. Whenever i add another source path to that project i have to then go back to the classes tab and uncheck that package and that couple of classes every time... it's not a problem now i'm set up but while i was configuring it all it just kept throwing errors in the problems window from the classes suddenly being included again. Was a bit of a pain.

If you still can't reproduce it let me know and i'll email you the zipped project that's giving me the problems... could be something specific that i'm doing but i don't think so...

hope that helps, Steve, thanks for the reply, glad to know you're listening!

T