• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When trying to install latest upgrade of flash player on my Mac, Adobe does not recognize my passwor

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install download of latest upgrade flash player on my Mac Adobe does not recognize my password I can't find phone # for Adove customer service to get help.  What should I do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Dear Jeromie,

Thank you so much. I went back and tried it again and one of the passwords I had tried earlier and must have typed wrong, worked this time. So I’m good to go.

Adele

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an Adobe password, and it's not Adobe that requires it. It's your OS X system admin password and OS X requires it to install anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several passwords and none have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password prompt is supplied by the operating system, and is intended to protect you from accidentally installing software.  You will get this prompt for any installation outside the App Store context.

If you do not need to enter a username or password when starting your computer, you can probably just leave the password field blank when acknowledging this prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Jeromie,

Thank you so much. I went back and tried it again and one of the passwords I had tried earlier and must have typed wrong, worked this time. So I’m good to go.

Adele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines