4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 9:13 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I navigate to the next clip using the keyboard?

King Hebes Level 1

Is there a hot key combination or custom setting option to create a hotkey combination that will let me navigate in the timeline from one selected clip to the next or previous?

• 1. Re: How do I navigate to the next clip using the keyboard?
          nealeh Level 5

Page Up / Page Down.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7d 91.html

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: How do I navigate to the next clip using the keyboard?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Hebalijebali

What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

Could you be working on a version of Premiere Elements on a Mac computer?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 11 or 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If that applies to you, the following is a complete listing of Premiere Elements 11 and 12 Windows keyboard shortcuts/functions and associated commands that you can find under the opened project's Edit Menu/Keyboard Customization/Application or Windows

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe11-keyboard-shortcuts.html

As for Page Up and Down for movement from Timeline clip to clip, if you are working on Mac computer, best check the counterpart of what we see in Windows

PageDownUp.JPG

I do not have a compiled list of Premiere Elements on Mac shortcuts at this time since I am strictly an Elements Windows user. Will try to get that for you if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I navigate to the next clip using the keyboard?
              King Hebes Level 1

I'm using windows 8.1 and elements 12. pgup/dwn moves the CTI(Current Time Indicator) to the next or previous cut, what I need to do is use the keyboard to move from one SELECTED clip to another; to either, delete, or add effects to my newly selected chunk in a faster manner than having to click each clip. I am doing work with thousands of cuts and clips and a hot key would be very useful here.

Edit: Or a hot key that would allow me to select the clip that the CTI is currently on would do the trick also.

• 4. Re: How do I navigate to the next clip using the keyboard?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hebalijebali

Thanks for the reply and the clarification on how you would prefer to be able to navigate the Premiere Elements 12 Timeline from "selected" clip to "selected" clip rather than "next" or "previous".

I have thought and thought about this and have yet to come up with the keyboard shortcut to accomplish this maneuver.

I did run into one scenario which might have organizational merit but is no "shortcut".

a. Do a run through of your Timeline, placing numbered markers at the clips which we shall call "selected" clips for this.

(See Markers/Timeline Marker/Set Timeline Marker/Next Available Numbered)

b. When you want to edit a specific "selected" clip, Ctrl+3 to bring up the "Go To Numbered Marker" dialog, select your clip according to its Timeline "Time" location and your added "Comment" description, click OK to find the Timeline Indicator at the start of the clip wanted.

NumberedMarkers.JPG

ATR