3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 3:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere doesn't open properly

film man 24

I took about 6,000 pictures and tried to make a time lapse. Upon trying to export the final video it crashed. Now every time I open ANY project the layout is off and features are missing.

screen shot.png

I even deleted the time lapse project along with it’s files that are in subfolders… and it still opens like this. I then tried restoring my computer to a later date and still no success. As you can see the Project, Effects and Share tab's are not even being shown. Along with the main project editing preview window missing. I just want it to open up like it used to.

• 1. Re: Premiere doesn't open properly
          A.T. Romano Level 7

film man 24

I know this is not version 11 or 12, but what version of Premiere Elements earlier than 11 and 12 are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you running a single or dual monitor setup?

As a just in case measure, go to Window Menu/Restore Workspace and click on Restore Workspace.

Here is some information on Time Lapse video and Premiere Elements for your review

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-time-lapse-video-basics.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe-numbered-stills-in-time-lapse-and.html

We could go for deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or deactivation/uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall but let us see what the answers are to the above first.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere doesn't open properly
            film man 24 Level 1

That worked :-) I went into window and selected Restore Workspace. Premiere now appears as it once did. I am not sure how it got honked up, but thank you for the solution. To answer you question's- I am running Premiere Elements 10 on windows 7. For color correcting I will use dual monitors (connect to a LED t.v.) for better color depiction, along with a intel I5. Thank Very much I look to work with you further down the road

• 3. Re: Premiere doesn't open properly
              A.T. Romano Level 7

film man 24

I had been away for a few days, came back last night, and have been working on catching up since then.

I just came across your the great news of your success. We are very pleased you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects. I was almost not going to make the suggestion that turned out to work for you. So glad I added that just in case note.

Continuing success with your projects. Please never hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarification.

Thanks.

ATR