2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 2:01 PM by randyFuse

Does a wrapper html file need to be in the same directory? Need advice

randyFuse

I'm doing some RnD experiments for an upcoming project and I would like to use Edge.

What I'm trying to do is load 2 different compsites in a wrapper.html file that is level above the compsites. For instance my setup is

project/wrapper.html

project/product1/product1.html

project/product2/product2.html

In my wrapper file I have this, but this doesn't work

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>

<title>Untitled</title>

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime-->

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="product1/product1_edgePreload.js"></script>

<style>

.edgeLoad-EDGE-68005601 { visibility:hidden; }

</style>

<!--Adobe Edge Runtime End-->

</head>

<body style="margin:0;padding:0;">

<div id="Stage" class="EDGE-68005601">

</div>

</body>

</html>

But when I move the wrapper.html file into the same directory as product1 and modify .js path and it loads fine? So my question is how do people normally load multiple compsites that resided in a different directory? What is the best method for accomplishing this? If anyone can point me in the right direction please. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Does a wrapper html file need to be in the same directory? Need advice
          hemanthR Adobe Employee

You will need to update the new loction for even the product1_edge.js file and the product1_edgeActions.js file in the product1_edgePreload.js file.

Open up the product1.edgePreload.js file.

Search for 'aloader'.

Under this there should be a ' load: "product1_edge.js" '  change it to  ' load: "product1/product1_edge.js" '

and do the same for product1_edgeActions.js file too.

Bascially when you update the location of the edge preload file you will have to update the location of the animate assets like the edge file,edge actions,images etc.All these file locations work relative to the html file loading them.

• 2. Re: Does a wrapper html file need to be in the same directory? Need advice
            randyFuse Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this method is not going to work because we will be loading dozens of graphical imagery for dozens of products. Looks like we will be using iframes instead. If there's any downfall into using iframes then please reply back. Thanks agan.