5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 1:46 PM by Peter Spier

Query

Jacinth Level 1

Can someone please tell be how to instal InDesign  CS4 after a computer breakdown ?

• 1. Re: Query
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You'll need your serial number (if you registered and don't have your oritinal installer disks, your serial number will be recorded in your accoutn at Adobe.com under the ID you were using when you registered), along with either the installer disks or a download of the installer that matches (either just InDesign, or the correct Creative Suite package if you had a bundle before). If your previous install was from a download there should be a link to download it again in your Adobe.com account, otherwise, if you need to download new installers becasue you've lost your disks, see Download and Installation Help and you'll find download links for older versions.

• 2. Re: Query
            Jacinth Level 1

Thank you very much for your kind & prompt reply. I have the serial number,

including the original installer disks for CS4. When I tried to install

them  the result is a CS4 shortcut on my desktop which on clicking comes up

with a window stating "Upgrade Check" with message [ The serial number you

entered indicates that your setup is for an upgrade version of Adobe

InDesign CS4. To be eligible for the upgrade you must already own a

qualifying product. We looked in the default locations for qualifying

product installed on this machine but none were found. You may verify

upgrade eligibility without installing your previous software by completing

the fields below; (1) Select a product tthat you already own - Adobe

PageMaker 6.0 (2) Enter serial number for this product.

I ALREADY OWN  my copy of InDesign CS4 OUTRIGHT. Adobe's stand does not

make sense to me. I don't have a serial number for PageMaker 6.0 (only  a

CD-ROM but no numbers). Is there something I can do here to overcome this

impasse please?

Doug

• 3. Re: Query

Ok, your installer and serial number are for an upgrade from Pagemaker. You can either enter the Pagemeaker serial number (again check your account at Adobe.com), or insert the Pagemaker disk during the installation when you are prompted.

• 4. Re: Query
                Jacinth Level 1

Thank you Peter. I went back to Adobe's "Update Check" & entered the my

serial number for CS4 in the slot where the PageMaker 6.0 serial number was

supposed to go & pronto CS4 opened up like magic. Problem solved!

This out-of-the-blue solution may help other forum members hopefully!

• 5. Re: Query

I've never heard of that one. Thanks for posting.