3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2014 10:12 PM by Lucia Lao

Test payment problems

alexdejesus Level 1

I am testing my video order form on a PC and I am not able to process a test payment. I can fill out the form and proceed to checkout, which takes me to the PayPal login site. It does not give me a choice to go to PayPal or to pay by credit card or some other means.

The PayPal login fails because it says that I am putting in the seller's account information, which I am. Since it is only a test, shouldn't it allow me to process it anyway without actually charging my account? When I click "cancel and return to fail" it takes me back to a blank form saying my payment has been cancelled. It would be nice not to have to fill out the form again just because something went wrong. This could be a disaster at the event.

I tried it on my iPad and test seemed to go okay at first. Took me to a PayPal page that allowed credit card payment. But when I tried again, I either get an error, or a message saying that the "form has been closed, please contact the author of this form for assistance"

I have been making small edits to the form all along. Does that cause the web link to be invalid? Such as if I emailed it to someone and then edited the form?

• 1. Re: Test payment problems
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>>It does not give me a choice to go to PayPal or to pay by credit card or some other means.

Please see this document for additional information:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4271

>>The PayPal login fails because it says that...

Please check this document: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1632

>>I have been making small edits to the form all along. Does that cause the web link to be invalid? Such as if I emailed it to someone and then edited the form?

Yes, every time you edit the form, it will close the form.  After editing your form, please go to Distribute Tab and select "Open" button.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Test payment problems
            alexdejesus Level 1

Okay, I created separate pay fields for cash, check and card swipe that only show when those payment methods are selected. And hides the identical pay fields for PayPal and credit card. However, if they pay cash, check or swipe credit card, the form cancels when they hit Proceed to Checkout. Is there a way to make the form show that they paid outside of FormsCentral?

• 3. Re: Test payment problems
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>> Is there a way to make the form show that they paid outside of FormsCentral?

No.  It is not possible.

One way you could inform your user is to add a paragraph (Formatted text field) before the user makes the payment selection explaining briefly what the user would expect after submitting the form.

Thanks,

Lucia