9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2014 9:56 AM by Romsinha

CC not updating

earthflyer74 Level 1

I have 11 new updates need to be done but having problem with CC, can not access it. I click on CC in start menu and and shortcut button, plus the file location and nothing happens, it will not open.

anybody got any solutiuons.

• 1. Re: CC not updating
          Romsinha Adobe Employee

Hi earthflyer74,

Which OS are you using? Please specify the exact behavior.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

• 2. Re: CC not updating
            earthflyer74 Level 1

Hi Romit sinha

Thanks for replying.

I am using Windows 7 Professional O/S with Intel I7 with plenty of space available.

Have been a member of Creative Cloud now for about 8 months and not really had any major issues like other members have been having but must say sometimes when updating CC I struggle on the first attempt but always get it on the second attempt but since Adobe issued the last update about 10 days I have been unable to access or open CC. I click in the shortcut, start menu even the file location and nothing is happening. Each time I click on these I see the preloader spin for a second then dispears altogether and nothing happens.

Not sure what do at this stage. I still have access to all Adobe software from Creative Cloud but cannot update them at the moment.

Regards

Simon

• 3. Re: CC not updating
              jrarick

Simon and Romit,

" I click in the shortcut, start menu even the file location and nothing is happening. Each time I click on these I see the preloader spin for a second then dispears altogether and nothing happens."

I am experiencing the exact same problem but running Mac OSX 10.7.5.  I have not had any problems until this last Thursday (4/17/14) and now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything with zero success. I am heavily reliant on this software and spending this amount of time trying to correct something that was working one day and not the next does not make my day.

I have looked all over the forums and this problem seems a bit more common than it should be but there is no mention of a solution. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Jennifer

• 4. Re: CC not updating
                Romsinha Adobe Employee

Do you have any previous version of Adobe installed on your machine. Launch any of the CC app's, go to help and try updating from there.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: CC not updating
                  jrarick Level 1

I do not have any older versions of Adobe on the computer.  Everything has been working fine until this past Friday.  The applications do not launch ... let alone open ... so I cannot go to the app help menu either.   I am not getting any kind of error message so I have no idea what to be looking for. 

As I said, I have also already uninstalled all previous CC versions and re-installed without any success. 

Thank you for looking into this.

Cheers,

Jennifer

• 6. Re: CC not updating
                    earthflyer74 Level 1

Hi Romit

Yes I do have previous versions of Adobe products installed like CS3 & CS4 but don't seem to be causing any problems. 

Have followed your advice and opened Dreamweaver CC and went to help and then clicked updates, Adobe Application manager window opened and was able to update all software. but as for the CC APP it is total failer 100% useless. will update this way in future unless CC Apps works again.

Thanks for help Romit.

• 7. Re: CC not updating
                      Romsinha Adobe Employee

Hi jrarick,

Please navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache and rename it. Launch CC app's, sign in and let me know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

• 8. Re: CC not updating
                        jrarick Level 1

Hi Romit,

I followed your instructions but nothing changed (is there something specific to rename the SLCache to?).  I have been able to access the program through the Mac Terminal Utility function.  I open the applications content folder and select the Contents > MacOS > Adobe Premiere Pro CC file and it opens the program from Terminal.  However, I must leave Terminal on for this to function and it also makes me aware that there are errors in the file.  I have copied the information from the Terminal window so that you can see what I am using to access the program:

Last login: Sun Apr 20 12:00:22 on ttys001

Jennifers-MacBook-Air:~ jenniferrarick$ /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC ; exit;

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 320M OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-7.32.12

GLSL Version: 1.20

Monitors: 1

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 1440, 900)

Max texture size: 8192

Supports non-power of two: 1

<4604825600> <DynamicLink> <5> Attempting to launch dynamiclinkmanager

<4604825600> <DynamicLink> <5> /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC/Adobe Premiere Pro CC.app/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager.app

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.

OpenCL Device 0 -

Name: GeForce 320M

Vendor: NVIDIA (Apple platform)

Capability: 1.1

Driver: 1

Total Video Memory: 256MB

* Not chosen because of insufficient video memory.

<4601942016> <BE.VideoFilterComponent> <5> Video Filter AE.ADBE Lumetri couldn't be found or loaded

<4601942016> <BE.VideoFilterComponent> <5> Video Filter AE.ADBE Lumetri couldn't be found or loaded

2014-04-20 12:00:36 : INFO  get service manager executable name

2014-04-20 12:01:25.761 PDApp[1500:407] CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string: '/System/Library/Frameworks/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

logout

[Process completed]

Thanks for looking at this.  I hope there is a remedy relatively soon.

Cheers,

Jennifer

• 9. Re: CC not updating
                          Romsinha Adobe Employee

SLCache contains the licensing related information. Sometimes due to licensing mismatch the app's is not able to access the information resulting the software will not launch. Renaming this folder will erase the licensing and upon launching the app's a new folder will be created with fresh entries for licensing. If renaming this folder did not solve the issue so as a testing purpose I would recommend you to please enable root account: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14281 and try to launch the app's in root.

Regards,

Romit SInha