• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broadcasting music

New Here ,
May 22, 2007 May 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Rick I have sourced a great sound editing program ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Now my next concern is determining what copied sounds I am able to insert into my content. If I wanted part of a song from U2, or maybe a homer simpson's 'doh!', surely I am not allowed to just put it in and make it public.

But then how do radio stations get away with it? There must be something we can do, or buy, that enables us to broadcast music and sounds in our animations.

Anyone know of a resource where we can find out more information on this?

Cheers,
spritc.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2007 May 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Honoring copyrights and licensing restrictions is very important, though it needn't be a big source of trouble -- though it most certainly would be a headache if you had to go the route of a radio station, motion picture, or commercial.

There are many companies who allow you to easily purchase and use sound effects and music in multimedia productions. Their materials are usually fresh compositions of their own, and surprisingly, they even produce "sound alikes" for popular music.

Try using Google to search on this string of keywords: "royalty free buyout music"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources