4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 5:44 AM by Peru Bob

Noise Reduction

film man 24 Level 1

What is the best way to reduce noise grain as a result of shooting in low light with a high iso. For example iso 640. Is there any way to effectively reduce this with premiere elements by itself A free plugin would be nice, but I am totally willing to pay for a powerful noise reduction plugin/software. I have found plugins like "Neat Video", "Red Giant Denoiser II" and "Magic Bullet" but they only work at full HD  with Premiere Pro or they do not support Premiere Elements at all. My camera is Canon T3i  

• 1. Re: Noise Reduction
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Grainiess due to low light is the result of limitations in the camcorders CCD or light-sensing components themselves. I know of know effect or plug-in that can magically remove it from your video.

• 2. Re: Noise Reduction
            Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

film man 24 wrote:

I have found plugins like "Neat Video", "Red Giant Denoiser II" and "Magic Bullet" but they only work at full HD  with Premiere Pro or they do not support Premiere Elements at all.

Yes, Neat Video does support Premiere Elements:

http://www.neatvideo.com/

I've used it successfully in both Elements and Pro.

• 3. Re: Noise Reduction
              film man 24 Level 1

I have been away.Thank you so much for your response Bob. I also e-mailed "Neatvideo" and they have great customer service. Bob, did you buy the pro-version so you could export in 1920 by 1080? I only have premiere elements 10 and want to be able to export in full HD 1920 by 1080, they said I can achieve that if I purchase the pro-version. I previously thought I could only get the pro-version and export in 1920 by 1080 if I had Premiere Pro. That's why I said "NeatVideo" didn't fully support premiere...

• 4. Re: Noise Reduction
                Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have the Pro version, but I haven't used Premiere Elements since version 3.0.2.

I also have the pro version for Premiere Pro CS5.5 which I currently use.

This chart shows compatibility with Premiere Elements 10:

http://www.neatvideo.com/featuremap.html