4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 4:13 PM by Mike M

Flash Player 13

christopher-j

I just installed the Flash Player plugin on my Mac and the installation was successful but I can't find it in my applications folder. I can't find it anywhere. Does it make a difference that I have Creative Cloud applications on my system as well?

OSX 10.8.5

Safari Version 6.1.1

• 1. Re: Flash Player 13
          Mike M Level 6

Mac HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins

Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt

ipi.jpg

If you need the "standalone" player (Projector),   Download the Macintosh Flash Player 13 Projector (DMG, 11.62MB)

THAT goes in the Applications folder.

• 2. Re: Flash Player 13
            christopher-j Level 1

I realized that I'm able to play Flash Movies in my web browser, so I'm all set there. I expected to see the player plugin in my application folder. Is this embedded as an extension to my browser and if so, how does Flash decide which browser and can I view the plugin settings? Also, if I download a video file with a Flash extension(.flv), do I need the Flash application to view it?

• 3. Re: Flash Player 13
              christopher-j Level 1

thanks Mike, I'll take a look.

• 4. Re: Flash Player 13
                Mike M Level 6

christopher-j wrote:

Is this embedded as an extension to my browser and if so, how does Flash decide which browser and can I view the plugin settings?

On a Mac, whatever browser you use (with the exception of Chrome, which has its own embedded separately) will automatically activate the plug-in from the Internet Plug-ins folder whenever Flash content is present and played in a webpage.  That's for Firefox, Opera, SeaMonkey, iCab, OmniWeb or Safari.

Also, if I download a video file with a Flash extension(.flv), do I need the Flash application to view it?

The standalone projector I linked to in my previous post, will play SWF files and some (but not all) FLV files.

VLC Media Player works MUCH better for FLV playback, but a lot of sites these days have MP4 video which downloader plug-ins will also download. Usually, they're smaller than FLV files of the same video, and they playback is better.