Alright so here are my drives:
1. Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD (174 GB free of 232GB)
2. Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM (886GB free of 931GB)
3. Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM (931GB free of 931GB)
The way I have it setup so far:
1. Only OS there, benchmark programs, windows updates.
2. All files, downloads & games.
3. Not used, was planning on dedicating this drive to recording with shadowplay, big video files for projects.
I am amateur when it comes to editing, mostly dabble in youtube content more of hobby right now than professionally doing it. Just a bit lost on the best way to set up editing; should exported projects be on different drives from where I import media?
If I have editing software on SSD will it reduce its lifetime? When I am working on a project if I import media will it be imported onto the SSD and defy purpose of having it on different drives to begin with?
In short I need advice on where and how I should set up the editing software and the workflow with these drives (non RAID setup).
PS: I checked FAQ and skimmed tutorials but did not locate or missed information about this issue.
This has been asked many times but the info is a little difficult to find.
Read thoroughly, what Harm does not know about Premiere can be written on the back of a postage stamp.
Fantastic, bookmarked and going to go read through it now.
Thank you !
[Moved to Hardware forum.]