10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2014 10:09 AM by doggiedeane

Licence and Activation

ventanas1 Level 1

Just a niggle I have, but I had Photoshop CC installed on both desktop and laptop. The laptop failed beyond repair, fortunately I saw it coming and was able to sign out thus decativating.

I am wondering what would have happend if there had been no warning. Could I have recovered the licence somehow.

• 1. Re: Licence and Activation
          doggiedeane

I wonder if anyone can help me! I have Photoshop elements 11 on disc, but i dont have a disc drive in my Macbook. can i download a trial version of elements 11 and use my licence number from my disc? I really hope someone can help me.

• 2. Re: Licence and Activation
            ventanas1 Level 1

Don't know about a Mac, but it will certainly work with Windows.

• 3. Re: Licence and Activation
              doggiedeane Level 1

Thank you so much, I hope it works. I’m going not to look for elements 11, to download a trial.

Warmest regards

Henry.

The information contained in this email is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it. Thank you

• 4. Re: Licence and Activation
                ventanas1 Level 1

Just had a thought, it's on v12 now, you may struggle to find a trial.

Do you know anyone who has a machine with an optical drive, you could then copy from the dvd to a flash drive - problem solved.

• 5. Re: Licence and Activation
                  doggiedeane Level 1

Oh that’s good thinking, I’ll use my daughter’s macbook. Will I have to deactivate it on Her computer before I can use it on mine?

Warmest regards

Henry.

The information contained in this email is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it. Thank you

• 6. Re: Licence and Activation
                    ventanas1 Level 1

You don't have to deativate anything, just put the dvd in the optical drive and a flash drive in a usb port.

Open whatever a Mac calls Explorer and get it so you can see both the dvd and the flash drive and drag and drop from the dvd to the flash.

You are not installing anything on this machine, so you can leave your daughters installation and activation alone.

Now you know why PC stands for Proper Computer 

• 7. Re: Licence and Activation
                      doggiedeane Level 1

Thank a million Ventanas and maybe you’re right about PC. I’ll try it and let you know how I get on

Warmest regards

Henry.

• 8. Re: Licence and Activation
                        doggiedeane Level 1

I'm so delighted that I got in contact with you today, Ventanas. It has worked perfectly. I can't thank you enough.

Warmest regards

Henry.

• 9. Re: Licence and Activation
                          Noel Carboni Level 8

In answer to the original question, you can always call Adobe customer support to reconcile licensing issues.  They're not unsympathetic to people who experience failures.

-Noel

• 10. Re: Licence and Activation
                            doggiedeane Level 1

Thank you very, much Noel. It worked a dream

Warmest regards

Henry.