13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2007 4:44 AM by Newsgroup_User

"forums.macromedia.com" being retired this weekend

Level 7
      This coming weekend, these forums are apparently migrating to
      "forum.adobe.com".

From http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html

"The forums are undergoing major renovation and will be relaunched with a
      new look and feel. The relaunch is scheduled for Tuesday, September 25. This
      relaunch is the result of bringing together the two previous forum systems
      (Adobe and Macromedia) and combining the features of both with an updated
      user experience. By creating a unified user experience across all user
      forums, we aim to create a more seamless environment for the discussion of
      Adobe products. We understand this will be a big change for all users and
      ask that you take a couple of days to try out the forums to get used to the
      new design. All current message content going back approximately two years
      from both previous systems will be available in the new system.
      The changes will affect both web and NNTP (newsgroup) users. The
      forums.macromedia.com and adobeforums.com NNTP servers will be retired for
      English language content. Starting September 25, NNTP users should connect
      to the new forum.adobe.com NNTP server. Note that the NNTP server will
      require you to log in using your Adobe ID credentials. Anonymous NNTP
      connections will no longer be available. Non-English newsgroups will
      continue on the forums.macromedia.com and forums.adobe.com NNTP servers with
      no change."

See the link above for more info.

--
      Regards

John Waller

• 1. Re: "forums.macromedia.com" being retired this weekend
          Level 7
          > This coming weekend, these forums are apparently migrating to
          > "forum.adobe.com".

Ah crap. Oh well. I guess I'll get some work done now. I could never get
          those adobe newsgroups to work.

-Darrel

• 2. Re: "forums.macromedia.com" being retired this weekend
            Level 7
            And I never got along with the closed minded "forum police" over there in
            the Adobe forums either.

A sad day...

Guess I too will get more work done...

"darrel" <notreal@nowhere.com> wrote in message
            news:fcts16$g84$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >> This coming weekend, these forums are apparently migrating to
            >> "forum.adobe.com".
            >
            > Ah crap. Oh well. I guess I'll get some work done now. I could never get
            > those adobe newsgroups to work.
            >
            > -Darrel
            >

• 3. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
              Level 7
              and funny thing - the username/password that works for me on the webforums
              won't work on the NNTP forum. sounds like i may get more work done, too :)

"-m-@v@-m-" <asdf@asdf.com> wrote in message
              news:fcu1qs$mvj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > And I never got along with the closed minded "forum police" over there in
              > the Adobe forums either.
              >
              > A sad day...
              >
              > Guess I too will get more work done...
              >
              > "darrel" <notreal@nowhere.com> wrote in message
              > news:fcts16$g84$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >>> This coming weekend, these forums are apparently migrating to
              >>> "forum.adobe.com".
              >>
              >> Ah crap. Oh well. I guess I'll get some work done now. I could never get
              >> those adobe newsgroups to work.
              >>
              >> -Darrel
              >>
              >
              >

• 4. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                WinDay
                IGNORE THIS POST

I'm testing my ability to log in via the web forum (and figuring out what my username is!)

Win
                • 5. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                  Level 7
                  Uhm... so HOW do I log on with my NewsReader?
                  Sound like another one of those Adobe schemes to take support away from
                  users..
                  only this time it's free user-to-user support.....
                  oh well... suit yourselves

"John Waller" <johnw@REMOVETHISpinnacleweb.com.au> wrote in message
                  news:fctkvr$898$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > This coming weekend, these forums are apparently migrating to
                  > "forum.adobe.com".
                  >
                  > From http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html
                  >
                  > "The forums are undergoing major renovation and will be relaunched with a
                  > new look and feel. The relaunch is scheduled for Tuesday, September 25.
                  > This relaunch is the result of bringing together the two previous forum
                  > systems (Adobe and Macromedia) and combining the features of both with an
                  > updated user experience. By creating a unified user experience across all
                  > user forums, we aim to create a more seamless environment for the
                  > discussion of Adobe products. We understand this will be a big change for
                  > all users and ask that you take a couple of days to try out the forums to
                  > get used to the new design. All current message content going back
                  > approximately two years from both previous systems will be available in
                  > the new system.
                  > The changes will affect both web and NNTP (newsgroup) users. The
                  > forums.macromedia.com and adobeforums.com NNTP servers will be retired for
                  > English language content. Starting September 25, NNTP users should connect
                  > to the new forum.adobe.com NNTP server. Note that the NNTP server will
                  > require you to log in using your Adobe ID credentials. Anonymous NNTP
                  > connections will no longer be available. Non-English newsgroups will
                  > continue on the forums.macromedia.com and forums.adobe.com NNTP servers
                  > with no change."
                  >
                  > See the link above for more info.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Regards
                  >
                  > John Waller
                  >
                  • 6. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                    Level 7
                    Did you guys ever consider usenet servers won't be able to distribute the
                    articles, since you're going to disallow anonymous access?
                    Some providers just block TCP 119 unless you connect to their server, and
                    some companies have an internal news server for their employees that mirrors
                    the adobe/macromedia groups, now you're forcing them all to connect to your
                    server directly. And why this half-way approach, only migrating english
                    groups?

Joris

"Joris van Lier" <whizzrd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
                    news:fd0p06$q8$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Uhm... so HOW do I log on with my NewsReader?
                    > Sound like another one of those Adobe schemes to take support away from
                    > users..
                    > only this time it's free user-to-user support.....
                    > oh well... suit yourselves
                    >
                    >
                    > "John Waller" <johnw@REMOVETHISpinnacleweb.com.au> wrote in message
                    > news:fctkvr$898$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    >> This coming weekend, these forums are apparently migrating to
                    >> "forum.adobe.com".
                    >>
                    >> From http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html
                    >>
                    >> "The forums are undergoing major renovation and will be relaunched with a
                    >> new look and feel. The relaunch is scheduled for Tuesday, September 25.
                    >> This relaunch is the result of bringing together the two previous forum
                    >> systems (Adobe and Macromedia) and combining the features of both with an
                    >> updated user experience. By creating a unified user experience across all
                    >> user forums, we aim to create a more seamless environment for the
                    >> discussion of Adobe products. We understand this will be a big change for
                    >> all users and ask that you take a couple of days to try out the forums to
                    >> get used to the new design. All current message content going back
                    >> approximately two years from both previous systems will be available in
                    >> the new system.
                    >> The changes will affect both web and NNTP (newsgroup) users. The
                    >> forums.macromedia.com and adobeforums.com NNTP servers will be retired
                    >> for English language content. Starting September 25, NNTP users should
                    >> connect to the new forum.adobe.com NNTP server. Note that the NNTP server
                    >> will require you to log in using your Adobe ID credentials. Anonymous
                    >> NNTP connections will no longer be available. Non-English newsgroups will
                    >> continue on the forums.macromedia.com and forums.adobe.com NNTP servers
                    >> with no change."
                    >>
                    >> See the link above for more info.
                    >>
                    >> --
                    >> Regards
                    >>
                    >> John Waller
                    >>
                    • 7. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                      Dooza (Steve) Level 2
                      I was using Google Groups to post here and never go an answer, it wasn't until I used the web forums that I realised my posts were never getting thru, I am guessing its because Google never had a username and password to post, but at least I could read the posts.

I personally don't mind these forums, they work for me. I hope they don't change too much.

Dooza
                      • 8. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                        Level 7
                        On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:46:10 +0200, "Joris van Lier"
                        <whizzrd@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Uhm... so HOW do I log on with my NewsReader?
                        >Sound like another one of those Adobe schemes to take support away from
                        >users..
                        >only this time it's free user-to-user support.....
                        >oh well... suit yourselves

Wild guess: forums.adobe.com

Login with your Adobe ID and if you don't have one, just get one, it's
                        free.
                        • 9. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                          Level 7
                          Mister Mustard wrote:
                          > On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:46:10 +0200, "Joris van Lier"
                          > <whizzrd@hotmail.com> wrote:
                          >
                          >> Uhm... so HOW do I log on with my NewsReader?
                          >> Sound like another one of those Adobe schemes to take support away
                          >> from users..
                          >> only this time it's free user-to-user support.....
                          >> oh well... suit yourselves
                          >
                          >
                          > Wild guess: forums.adobe.com
                          >
                          > Login with your Adobe ID and if you don't have one, just get one, it's
                          > free.

Funny thing though, I can log in to the Adobe site no problem but the
                          newsgroup is rejecting my login and password. Unless I have to wait until
                          the day they actually make the change. Sheesh!

• 10. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                            Level 7
                            On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:59:21 -0700, "Mad Dog"
                            <md@maddogproductions-remove.com> wrote:

>Funny thing though, I can log in to the Adobe site no problem but the
                            >newsgroup is rejecting my login and password. Unless I have to wait until
                            >the day they actually make the change. Sheesh!
                            >
                            I bet it gets a lot more interesting. The day they make it non-NNTP
                            and all Flash they way they ruined Exchange is the day I leave.
                            • 11. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                              Level 1
                              I get the feeling that it is going to be one of biggest most messed up by merging old Adobe and formerly Macromedia forums into one "new" Adobe forums.

I'll see what is going to happen after they are done merging these forums into new one. I am hopeful that they stick with "old" Marcomedia forums.
                              • 12. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                                Malcolm_N
                                Oh well - at least Murray will get a couple of days rest ;-)
                                • 13. Re: &quot;forums.macromedia.com&quot; being retired this weekend
                                  Level 7
                                  On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:59:21 -0700, "Mad Dog"
                                  <md@maddogproductions-remove.com> wrote:

>
                                  >Funny thing though, I can log in to the Adobe site no problem but the
                                  >newsgroup is rejecting my login and password. Unless I have to wait until
                                  >the day they actually make the change. Sheesh!
                                  >

Same here set up new Forum ID no problem - but newsgroup server not
                                  accepting it.

Oh well - maybe stay away for a few days for it to be sorted out.

--

~Malcolm N....
                                  ~