1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 2, 2014 7:31 PM by drboothy RSS

Difficulties and issues using a Wacom Intuos 5 with Fireworks CS6

Hi guys,

I have a question related to the use of a Wacom tablet with Fireworks CS6. I looked into the forum and apparently there is no answer to that. I use a Small Intuos 5 Wacom tablet with Adobe FW CS6

I work on a Mac, on Mavericks and I use frequently Fireworks CS6. I have to say that Fireworks is pretty unusable with the Wacom Tablet. I wrote to Wacom to ask for more information, but they told me (and actually it makes sense) to write to directly to Adobe, because the tablet works fine with other Adobe softwares like AI or PS and so on.

The issue

The issue comes basically from selecting objects and moving them around the screen.

Once you try to click on a object, like you would do with the mouse, it’s difficult to do it. Dragging becomes almost impossible and panning as well is very hard. What am I missing here?

I had to switch back to mouse. I am pretty sure I have got all the right drivers installed. Could you advise on some settings that maybe I can use?

I have used Fireworks for over 7 years, and I can say I know the software pretty well. Why there is this incompatibility with the Wacom Tablet?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much!