So, did you need help with anything... or were you just venting?
I have nine (9) machines with eight (8) different OS builds.
EVERY week I have to check for and, most times, install updates for:
- Windows XP (no more updates for the OS)
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 (two machines)
- Windows 8.1
- Mac OS 10.6.8 Server
- Mac OS 10.7.5
- Mac OS 10.8.5
- Mac OS 10.9.2
- Office 2003 (XP)
- Office 2004 (OS 10.6.8)
- Office 2007 (Vista)
- Office 2008 (OS 10.7.5)
- Office 2010 (Windows 7)
- Office 2011 (OS 10.8.5 & 10.9.2)
- Office 2013 (ALL Windows 8 & 8.1 machines)
Adobe Creative Suite:
- Adobe Creative Suite 3 (XP & 10.6.8)
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 (Vista & 10.7.5)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Windows 7, OS 10.8.5 & OS 10.9.2)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Windows 8, 8.1 & OS 10.9.2)
- Roxio Media Creator (ALL windows machines)
- Roxio Toast (ALL Mac machines)
- Java (ALL Machines)
- Adobe Reader 11 (ALL machines)
- Flash Player 13 (ALL machines)
- Shockwave 12.5 (ALL machines)
- iTunes 11.1.5 (ALL machines)
- QuickTime 7 (ALL machines)
- iCloud (ALL machines)
EVERYWHERE I can, I update all of the above MANUALLY. And those are just MY machines. I have four family members and three clients whose stuff I have to keep up to date as well.
You have it easy, I think.
Just curious: what exactly do you hate?
The download takes 1 or 2 seconds, the install 3 to 5, and then it's all done. It's one of the easiest installs of any applications I know.