• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Flashplayer

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asked for a supervisor/administrator password when trying to install adobe flashplayer. There is no such person. This is a stan alone home computer. What do I do? I cannor find an email address to contact adobe support?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX requires Operating System Administrator credentials (username and password) to install ANYTHING. Even OS X updates.

That is what you must enter.

It's impossible to set up OS X without an Administrator account, and it's very, very difficult to use an Admin account without a password, even thouhg it can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Are you telling me that I must have an administrator enter a password? There never ever was an administrator - the computer is a stand alone home computer and in the past I never ever had problems updating flash player. If you don't have and answer for me, do you know how I can get a hold of Adobe directly?

Sol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sol Prof wrote:

Thanks for your response.

Are you telling me that I must have an administrator enter a password? There never ever was an administrator - the computer is a  stand alone home computer and in the past I never ever had problems  updating flash player.

What I'm saying is that (in my experience, since 2002 with EVERY OS X build since 10.0.1) you CANNOT install OS X on a Mac and set it up without the primary account being set up as a system administrator.

1.jpg

EVen if you only have one account, it MUST be set up as an Admin... regardles of whether it's a standalone or not. Since OS 10.7, when Gatekeeper was introduced, EVERY OS build from 10.5 up has had updates which now require an Admin user, and the login credentials for that user, to install software. I know it was possible in the old days to create an admin account and then remove the password, but the Gatekeeper changes, and the updates to 10.5 & 10.6 have required thousands of users to go back and replace the password they removed, in order to install OS updates, Office updates, AppStore updates, etc.

If you don't have and answer for me, do you know how I can get a hold of Adobe directly?

Unfortunately, no one from Adobe can do anything about your OS X system administrator password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines