1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 5:35 AM by Steve Grisetti

Where are my MTS file thumbnails?

The Old Fart Level 1

I usually use Sony Vegas pro to do my editing of video.  I often gave used the Elements Organizer to rename the cameras numbered clips to something more meaningful before I start.  I have opened all of my holiday pictures into Organized & I can see the thumbnails for all formats used on the holiday except for the .MTS 1920x1080.   I can see the thumbnails in all other programs like Windows Explorer to Sony Vegas.

Where are the thumbnails & how do I get them to display?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Where are my MTS file thumbnails?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which version of the Elements Organizer you're using or what operating system you're working on, but they can make a difference which files display thumbnails in the Organizer.

Also, you do want to ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.

And there are some components that only become activated when you first use them in a Premiere Elements project. In other words, if you're doing all of your editing in Vegas, you're not giving Premiere Elements a chance to download the components necessary to display .mts files in the Organizer. Try starting a Premiere Elements project and adding the .mts file as the first clip on Video 1. This will trigger the program to download the .mts components.