3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 8:49 AM by TimJaramillo

How do I link my animation to an internal page?

karacteristic

Long time listener, first time caller. I am doing something incorrectly. Sigh. I want to, on mouseclick, link to another page within my site. I am able to create this successfully, in Edge, to go to an external site, but not to an internal page. I've searched high and low with no luck. Thank you in advance for helping my conserve what grey matter I have left.

• 1. Re: How do I link my animation to an internal page?
          TimJaramillo Level 4

Hey there, let's keep that grey matter intact!

Can you give some more details on what you're trying to do? When you say 'go to an internal page', are you saying you want to jump to another point in your Edge timeline? Or you want to dynamically spawn a symbol (new page) from the Edge library onto stage?

How is your project setup?

If you post a zip of your source files, it will make it easier for us to help you out.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I link my animation to an internal page?
            karacteristic Level 1

Hi Tim!

Thanks for your response to assist me with my gray matter. Here is a little more detail...

I have created a web site in muse:

http://revolutionink.net/

Originally, I created really nice animated buttons in Edge on the "Design" page (http://revolutionink.net/design.html). The buttons are the seven horizontal bars. On the animated version, one would roll over the background image, and the text would animate in and out on mouseover.  I placed these animations in muse and it looked delightfully lovely. However, when I included a mouseclick action to open a url, save and publish the animation, then place it in muse, the onclick isn't working. Dagnubbit.

I think I am not understanding the javascript code to link to a page within my own site. I am able to successfully link to an external website (for I use the beauty of copy/paste).

Since I came out of retirement from five years ago, Adobe has made a few minor changes.

I'm all newish to Muse and Edge...was a Flash lover, but I can change. Maybe. I think.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any insight, I would love to learn. Thank you SO much.

Kara

• 3. Re: How do I link my animation to an internal page?
              TimJaramillo Level 4

Hey Kara,

I'm out of the office today- hopefully another helpful soul will help you out in the meantime. If not, I'll check back in with you on Monday (and feel free to PM me on Monday if you don't hear from me).