7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 4:57 PM by Josh_Corey

submit button issues

garrettnelson Level 1

i have created several PDF Form files, uploaded them to FormsCentral, downloaded them, completed them and successfully used the Submit button.

When I insert these files via buttons on my websites, the forms open and accept all input, but the submit funcation does not work.

• 1. Re: submit button issues
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

You will need to instruct the users to download the PDF and fill it out using the Free Adobe Reader.  See this FAQ for more information: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: submit button issues
            garrettnelson Level 1

Thank you for your prompt response.  To clarify, does that mean that the Submit button will not function if the form is opened with Acrobat?

• 3. Re: submit button issues

Acrobat is fine as well, Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.  The submit button and all other FormsCentral PDF features will work in both Reader and Acrobat.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: submit button issues
                garrettnelson Level 1

That takes me back full circle.  All of my live website tests opened the PDF Forms files with Acrobat XI.

When I open a PDF Form from my local hard disk and pass the cursor over the "Submit" button, the message "Submit to Adobe FormsCentral" appears.  When I do the same when I download the same file from the website, there is no message when the cursor is on the "Submit" button.

• 5. Re: submit button issues

So you are saying that it isn't working in Acrobat XI.  The trust level of a downloaded PDF vs one local on your computer may be different, is there a Yellow bar "Protected View" with a button that says "Enable All Features"?

Can you give me a link to the PDF, or the downloaded PDF to check out? 

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: submit button issues
                    garrettnelson Level 1

Attached is a simple test doc that works when I open locally, but does not work when downloaded from the website.  Website URL is www.friendsofninosadelante.org.  The test doc is near the near the top of the home page.  The button is labeled "Submit Test".

• 7. Re: submit button issues

Hi;

The PDF works fine, as expected.  Please carefully read the FAQ I referred you to.  We strongly recommend against having the PDF open in a web browser, rather offer the PDF for download, if the PDF is opened in the browser you have no idea what viewer will be used to view the PDF, more and more browsers have their own PDF viewers built in and don't use the Adobe plugin so when you make the PDF available to be filled out in the browser you are very likely to have issues with users finding it does not work. 

In the case of my filling out your PDF I could fill it out in the browser IF I had Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat set as the default plugin for PDF AND once I clicked "Trust this host..." in the "Protected View" yellow ribbon.  Downloading the PDF, after clicking "Enable All Features" the Submit test also worked as expected.

Thanks,

Josh