6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 3:22 PM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe Elements 9 Crashing

Now2011

Hi. I am trying to burn my completed movie to DVD and save a copy to my hard drive. When I try to do this Adobe Elements keeps shutting down. It usually gets to 99% and then stops working. I have tried reinstalling the program and I have deleted a lots of files to free up my hard drive. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem. Thank you

• 1. Re: Adobe Elements 9 Crashing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you able to burn your DVD files to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc?

• 2. Re: Adobe Elements 9 Crashing
            Now2011 Level 1

Hi Steve. Thansks for your quick reply.

No....same happens whether I try to burn to disc or save on the hard drive

• 3. Re: Adobe Elements 9 Crashing

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Did you use Premiere Elements' Get Media tools to get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

What are your Project Settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

What operating system are you working on? When did you last run Disk Cleanup?

How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your computer's hard drive?

• 4. Re: Adobe Elements 9 Crashing
                Now2011 Level 1

So its a JVC everio camcorder. I'm not too sure about format and resolution.

Yes used the get media tool.

My project settings are DV PAL, 25 F/sec, DV 25 720 x576i

My computer is an ACER aspire 5742G

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU

RAM 4GB

And I actually just 5 mins ago ran disk cleanup however problem is still there.

I'm not sure how I find out about defragmented disc space

• 5. Re: Adobe Elements 9 Crashing
                  Now2011 Level 1

I think I have found the answer to the last question. I have 295 GB free of 698 GB. And 5% of that is fragmented......just did analyse disc scan.

• 6. Re: Adobe Elements 9 Crashing

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to help you without more complete information. JVC makes a number of camcorders that shoot in a number of video formats, and without knowing at least the camcorder model and the method you used to get this video from your camcorder to your computer, I can't give any specific recommendations.

Meantime, run Windows Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter. I do it every week or so. You'd be surprised how much debris accumulates over time.