5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 5:59 AM by Steve Grisetti

adobe elements 12 unable create blu ray dvd

Tom & Nala

I purchased a new computer in October of 2013.  The computer has Windows 8.1, Adobe Premier Elements 12, and an LG (BH16NS40) 16x Blu Ray DVD writer.   The sole purpose of the purchase was to be able to transfer my Sony handycam HD home videos to Blu Ray DVDs.  I was told, this purchase would enable me to do so.  A week later, in October of '13, the 'Best Buy' Geek squad after spending hours on the problem, still could not get the home video to transfer to a Blu ray dvd.  They told me to wait for an Adobe patch/upgrade.  Here I am 6 months later, updated all software & drivers, and I am still getting the "Blu ray dvd media not found" message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: adobe elements 12 unable create blu ray dvd
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you trying to create a DVD or a BluRay disc? The program can create either (no patch is needed), assuming your hardware can. But there is no such thing as a BluRay DVD. They are two different creatures.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how are you getting the video from your camcorder to your computer? Are you using Premiere Elemements to get the video from the camcorder?

What processor is on your computer and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

• 2. Re: adobe elements 12 unable create blu ray dvd
            Tom & Nala Level 1

I am trying to create a bluray disc, using memorex bd-r, single layer, 6x, 25 GB. 

The computer is new, ASUS, windows 8.1, Processor i7-4770 cpu @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM.  There is 1.5TB available disc space, defragged last week.

I have successfully imported the home video using Elements, and have a 'project'.  Then as per instructions, i go to publish & share the video,  I select blu ray disc, confirmed hardware and blank disc, and get a 'media not present' message.  Device manager shows the LG blu ray writer is ok.  Rescan does not help, nor rebooting the software. 

Per another internet hint, I wrote the project to my desktop.  It is a 43 GB jpg file.  The instructions said to use my computer, outside of elements, to burn the bd-r.  I could not find anything that would let me burn the disc outside of elements.  So I called LG, and they told me i need to download a third party burning software to make the drive work.  I decided to ask for help from adobe elements 12, before loading unknown software onto my new computer. 

The 'best buy geek squad' spent 6 hours on the problem, searching the net, and making phone calls.  I'll take any help out there, and also wish I could talk to an Adobe Elements 12 trouble shooter, but can't find a phone number.

• 3. Re: adobe elements 12 unable create blu ray dvd

I'm sorry, but I can't give you specific advise without specific answers. It's also not likely that the Geek Squad guy can help you -- unless he understands NLE software and video codecs.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how are you getting the video from your camcorder to your computer? Are you using Premiere Elemements to get the video from the camcorder?

Are you able to use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the 1920x1080 M2T preset to output a .m2t video of your project? If you can, then I can recommend supplemental software, if you decide to go that route. If can not output an M2T video of your project, then supplemental software will not help you.

• 4. Re: adobe elements 12 unable create blu ray dvd
                Tom & Nala Level 1

The camcorder video came from a sony hdr-cx560.  The video was moved from the camera, to a external hard drive, then to the computer internal c drive, and was successfully imported into an adobe elements project. 

I was not able, and am not able to import the video directly from the camera.  My twin 16 year old daughter was killed in an auto accident 10 months ago... and there is fault in three other drivers.  Our legal team took our camera, needing our 1 1/2 year family sony video, for the lawsuit.  They returned the camera empty, but gave us an external hard drive with the video.  I had told them how valuable the video was to us...our only remaining video of the last year and 1/2 of my daughter.  Nonetheless, they copied the video to a hard drive, gave us the hard drive, and returned the camera empty....more stress.

Several months later (Oct 13), my father, a huge fan of adobe premier elements, best buy, and the geek squad, bought us a new computer, with adobe premier elements 12, and a blu ray burner, determined to produce the videos my family ached for.  Like many families, all i want is to be able to film my family in high definition, and play it back from a disc on family televisions without using the camera...just like i used to be able to do with standard definition.

I do not understand your second question, and would like phone assistance.  Please provide a phone number for assistance with this problem.  With a very heavy, exhausted, and frustrated heart, tom

• 5. Re: adobe elements 12 unable create blu ray dvd

If you would like phone assistance, you will need to contact Adobe. This is a user to user forum, and the people offering assistance (including me) are volunteers.

Considering your situation and the challenge you're having technically, that may be your best bet.

Don't go back to Best Buy. They can only do so much. You need to work with someone with specific knowledge of Premiere Elements.

I'm sorry for your loss and the other challenges you've faced. But if you're not able to work with me here on the forum, you should contact Adobe and they will work through troubleshooting steps with you.

\http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html