2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2015 8:58 AM by BigWillyDIEr RSS

HOW DO I IMPORT THEN OPEN MY PHOTOS FROM IPHOTO LIBRARY IN BRIDGE?

Charliepel Community Member

HOW DO I OPEN MY PHOTOS IN IPHOTO IN BRIDGE AND THEN IN PHOTOSHOP?

• 1. Re: HOW DO I IMPORT THEN OPEN MY PHOTOS FROM IPHOTO LIBRARY IN BRIDGE?
          station_two Community Member

Please don't type in all caps.  It's difficult to read and rude, as it is like shouting,

iPhoto doesn't play nice with Adobe applications—or with any other application.

iPhoto hides all your images in proprietary libraries.  You need to manually export them from within iPhoto.

Once you do that, put them in a folder or folders anywhere in the Finder.  You don't need to "import" anything in Bridge.  You simply launch Bridge and browse.  Bridge is just a file browser, nothing less and nothing more.

Bridge does not open or edit any images or files.  It just finds them and hands them over to the application, whether that be Photoshop, Camera Raw, Illustrator, Acrobat, or even MS Word.

Any files you move or folders you create in the Finder are instantly reflected in Bridge, and vice versa.

• 2. Re: HOW DO I IMPORT THEN OPEN MY PHOTOS FROM IPHOTO LIBRARY IN BRIDGE?
            BigWillyDIEr

I don't know of a way to go iPhoto -> Bridge -> Photoshop, however, you can go directly from iPhoto to Photoshop by opening your preferences in iPhoto, going to the advanced tab and changing the "Edit Photos" field to Photoshop.