I'mloading a .txt file that begins like: &myText= blah
blah blah ..." more text " etc...
Of course, the first ampersand in the first HTML entitiy puts
an end to the variable myText. I tried putting backslashes (\)
before each & in the entities but it truncated the variable
anyway. The text is being loaded into a non HTML input text field
where it can then be edited by the user.
good suggestion but...
Flash recognized all URL encoded characters I tried EXCEPT
the ampersand (%26). It completely disregards this character, for
some reason, when it's read in from a text file. Perhaps because it
conflicts with the &myVar= that Flash uses in files.