6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 11:03 AM by A.T. Romano

Weird Problem after Rendering

CurtisC

Okay, so my first edit was a 2 hour long video that was recorded by software from DxTory which records video games. This records in 1080 P so that's what I was hoping to get from the video. After editing, and exporting and rendering in the MPEG HDTV 1080p 29.97 which turned out to be about 12.5 GB large. Uploading this to YouTube I found that the video is only viewable in 360p not what I had expected in 1080p. Did I do something wrong while rendering, if so, what can I do to get my videos to be in 1080 p on YouTube.

• 1. Re: Weird Problem after Rendering
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CurtisC

No way are you going to upload a 12.5 GB file to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements project.

So, I am assuming that you are creating a file to upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Please check out the following

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

If you have produced a 1080p file in Premiere Elements, you have 1920 x 1080 at a progressive frame rate.

Can you verify those properties before any upload to YouTube? You should be able to.

What YouTube does with the video uploads is in accord to its procedures.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Weird Problem after Rendering
            CurtisC Level 1

Well, how should I upload the file then? Should I not create a file and just upload from the video editor, or should I make my videos shorter?

• 3. Re: Weird Problem after Rendering
              A.T. Romano Level 7

CurtisC

You are going to be bound by the upload limitations of your exports. There is no way to extend the Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube limitations of file size 2.0 GB/15 minutes. However, if you take your Timeline to a file, you still have to deal with YouTube at the YouTube web sites. You can get extended limitations there that you cannot get through the within Premiere Elements upload route.

Of all the export choices from Premiere Elements, probably the smallest file size would be expected from a Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media export (see customization under Advanced Button). But, even there a 12.5 GB seems even much for YouTube to OK. But, I do not know how far YouTube will go with these special accounts with extended limits.

Although Facebook and Vimeo do not show limitations in the Premiere Elements Social Websites feature, they appear to have them. See their web sites for further information on that.

Will decreasing the duration of your video compromise the video message that you are trying to convey with your presentation? Can you get your messages across in a series of shorter videos?

Have you looked at the Windows Media and AVCHD .mp4 choices under Publish+Share/Computer?

ATR

• 4. Re: Weird Problem after Rendering
                CurtisC Level 1

So, your saying that the video was rendered correctly... However Youtube doen not support the length of my video with the high quality I have.

Youtube only makes 15 minutes of video at 2 GB

So in order to get 1080p I sholud shorten my video to about say 1 hour or even shorter than that.

Also I am not publishing to YouTube directly from Elements 12. I am creating an MPEG file from the Publish+Share/Computer part.

• 5. Re: Weird Problem after Rendering
                  CurtisC Level 1

Actually, now my video has been put in 1080 p, but it just took a while for it to change, like a day or so. So, it changed, with the way that I did it, it worked.

But is there a faster way to change it, and will making the videos shorter make it go faster?    

• 6. Re: Weird Problem after Rendering
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

CurtisC

Sounds like major progress. Great.

You might want to consider exporting your Timeline content to

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

I am not sure how long it takes YouTube to finalize a video for display as well as for upload. But, you might want to do a mini test run with your project as is and then another version with 1/2 the content. Then determine if there is any difference between the two with regard to the upload process and the time to finalize a display set of 1080p.

ATR