9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 12:52 AM by iqpower

APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized

iqpower

I have a problem with burning with my PE12, I have a win7 64 bit PC, with following

BD Burner: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS40 from LG

BD-ROM: iHOS104

Problem 1:

=========

All DVDs I burned with PE12 are not recognized on my HiFi BD-Player, ONKYO-BD-SP809

the same DVD is NOT recognized on the BD-ROM in the same PC

the DVD is RECOGNIZED on the burner (see above) in the same PC

Media is 8x DVD-R, and ONYKO and BD-ROM of course supports this type of media and I used the same medias in the past (Verbatim)

Problem 2:

========

I thought, ok, so I burn a BD, I have BD-R media, which worked fine with pinnacle ...

I made a sample project (1min length) and try to burn it, but the burn menu shows the right device (F: in my case and the right name), but it tells me Status: there is no media inside! Allthough the media is inside the BD-Burner.

I am getting mad about it ... anybody can help me out?

P.S:

Burner, BD-ROM, ONKYO and PE are updated to the newest firmare/versions.

Best regards top the community

• 1. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A test to make sure your burner is working properly

Set your DVD output to a folder on your hard drive and then use the FREE Imgburn to burn the folder to disc for DVD... Premiere Elements does NOT burn to a folder for BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons

Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to the actual minimum

• 2. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
            A.T. Romano Level 7

iqpower

Problem 1.

When you insert the DVD disc (which is supposed to be DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc generated by Premiere Elements 12) into the burner tray and explore its contents, do you find two folders, one named OpenDVD and one named VIDEO_TS?

or

When you talk about DVD disc, are you talking about the end product from a Premiere Elements 12 burn to AVCHD format on a DVD disc?

Very important with regard to finding a player. If you explore that end product disc, do you find just a BDMV Folder?

Problem 2

Let us recap

For DVD, AVCHD, Blu-ray

what does the burn dialog show for

a. Burner Location field

and

b. Status field

Sounds like this is a media recognition problem. This is not uncommon.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1422386?tstart=0

And, sometimes can be solved with a deactivation/uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall)...sometimes an alternative burner is the decision.

We are not Adobe. Just Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users. There is always the alternative to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. But, let us see what we can do here. First let us make sure we are in sync with your details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
              iqpower Level 1

Wow, these are fast answers, THX!

1. Yes I find the VIDEO_TS and the OpenDVD folder, I read about the problem and I copied the VIDEO_TS folder to the hard disk and burned only this folder with CDBurnerXP (as DVD-Video Disk), THIS DID NOT HELP! When I need external programs to burn disks I dont need PE at all. I made a lot of tests before writing to the community, but NOTHING helped.

2. When I create a project within PE12 and try to burn, the PE does not recognize  the BD-R media, allthough it is inserted into the burner.

BUT:

In my tragedy I installed pinnacle ultimate studio 12, which I still have, but it is so buggy, this was the reason to buy PE12 ... And I created the same project, I could burn DVD-R and BD-R in the same burner and the disk could be played on my ONKYO.With NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!

Summary: The problem is in PE12!!! Or PE12 + my burner type (But LG is standard!).

• 4. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
                A.T. Romano Level 7

iqpower

Thanks for the follow ups.

Premiere Elements 12 DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc that will not play back on the ONKYO player....

If you take the VIDEO_TS Folder from the DVD disc that will not playback as DVD-VIDEO on DVD in your player and look inside it, do you find a file named VTS_01_1.VOB or possibily VTS_02_1.VOB? If so, can you play that file back on one of your computer players? These are video files.

Can you take the Premiere Elements 12 DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and play it back on the computer with Windows Media Player or VLC player?

Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. It should be generated again after you open a new project. Work with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited. The try another burn to DVD, followed by play back on players of interest.

Any progress up this point? If no....

Premiere Elements 12 - Blu-ray disc not being recogized by Premiere Elements 12 burn dialog Status.

This one we will save for the next step. Next step, I am suggesting a

a. Deactivate the program from an opened project Help Menu/Sign Out

b. Uninstall (Control Panel route)

c. ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. reinstall with antivirus and wirewalls turned Off

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
                  iqpower Level 1

Short answers.

problem 1:

Can you take the Premiere Elements 12 DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and play it back on the computer with Windows Media Player or VLC player?

yes, but only when the dvd is in  the bd-burner NOT when it is in rhe BD-ROM (it does not recognize the DVD (is endless loading ...), like my ONKYO

problem 2:

I will deinstall PE12, run cleaner for regsitry and install all new and let you know!

THX A LOT!

• 6. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

iqpower

From what you wrote, we know that there are video files on that disc. The good news.

We will be watching for the Problem 2 troubleshooting results and then plan additional troubleshooting as indicated.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>PE does not recognize  the BD-R media

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a disc... says Encore, but also applies to Premiere Elements and disc burning

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660

#2 has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cd-dvd-drive-recognized-application.html

• 8. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

iqpower

I do not know that there was ever a one on one relationship between the burn to issues of

Media Not Recognized

and

Burner Not Detected

So, I would caution you about the troubleshooting distinctions between the two.

ATR

• 9. Re: APE12, burned dvds not recognized, bd-r media does not recognized
                          iqpower Level 1

Yes, the burner is recognized, PE just show no media inside, allthough one is in it. I will inform you.