12 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2014 5:36 PM by A.T. Romano

Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11

Teemu lehto

When i put any kind video clip with audio in to pre 11 editor audio and video run different speed. At start of the clip everything is fine, but after min there is couple of seconds difference between audio and video. Audio is more and more ahead of video towards the end of the video clip. this happen with any kind of video file (video file is okay, same video file works as it should in movimaker and media player). I have edited same type of video files in pre 11 before without any problems. my computer has windows 8 (64).

This could be problem with settings but i can´t find solution. I can´t use pre 11 for editing my videos as long as i have this problem, its so bad.

Hopefull someone can help me.

Teemu Lehto

• 1. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Teemu lehto

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

For troubleshooting purposes, let us narrow down the source media...please give the properties for the usual source media imported into a given project.

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

This information is important to assure that the project prese is being set up correctly.

Are you or the project setting the project preset?

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-accuracy-of-automatic-project.html

Sometimes knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video can help get us a lot of that type of information.

What workspace are you using in Premiere Elements 11, the Expert workspace or the Quick workspace?

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
            Teemu lehto Level 1

computer operating system is microsoft windows 8,1 (64)

video  is mp4-video file (.mp4)

1920 x1080 picels

12 min 49 second long

frame rate 56

file is 3,83 Gt

audio sample rate is 48 kHz (stereo)

these informations windows gives for video file

I have captured it by using nvidia shadowplay (program which allow me to record video and audio from pc games game capture software.)

Audio and video are in same file. Problem is in both quick and expert workspace. Problem is there before i publish or share video, when i move video file to quick or expert workspace the problem is there, before i have done anything for video or settings. Problem is in still after puplish (F4V-HD 1080p Flash 9 and higher)

Teemu Lehto

• 3. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>captured it by using nvidia shadowplay (program which allow me to record video and audio from pc games game capture software.)

Screen captures sometimes cause editing problems... see below

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Now that you have your video DETAILS available, check to see if you have a video file with a Variable FRAME Rate

IF YES, you will most likely need to find a program to convert to a CONSTANT Frame Rate to edit in Premiere Elments

• 4. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Teemu lehto

Two things I am concerned about here.

That 56 frames per second frame rate and whether or not it is variable or constant.

The second is the video Bitrate (also audio bitrate) that has been set for the file.

Probably a free program like HandBrake can handle this, but let us see what the MediaInfo Tree View properties readout looks like for the file, unless you already know the export settings that were used by the screen capture program named nvidia shadowplay.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

With all downloads, be on guard for unwanted carry alongs with the program you really want to download and install.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                  Teemu lehto Level 1

media info video_edited-1.jpg

I have used pre 11 to edit video files from this shadowplay gamecapture software before without any problem like i have now.

• 6. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Teemu lehto

Thanks for the supplemental information.

Do you have a screenshot for the properties of what is supposed to be the same as now and worked before?

I am curious about the audio readout...why are there 2 bitrate readings?

"98.9 kbps (192 Kbps)"

Also, as a control can you import the "good" from before as well as the "bad" from now to the same Premiere Elements Timeline (with whatever project preset that you have been using)? By the way, what project preset have you been using?

ATR

• 7. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                      Teemu lehto Level 1

kuva 2.jpg

picture above is details of video file i have edited with pre 11 without any problems and is recorded with same program (shadowplay). i can´t see any difference. i know that everything is right in edited and finnished version of that video. Now when i try edit it with pre 11 i have same problem than with the other clip. i am using project preset  avchd 1080p60. Could some of my pre 11 settings have changed or  have i changed them without knowing. if i remember right i have changed from windows 7 to 8.1. when pre 11 worked as it should i was using win 7 and now i have problems with pre 11 for win 8.1. i am sure that there were no problems with win 7 version and there is with win 8.1 version of pre 11.

• 8. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Teemu lehto

Thanks for the reply.

What happens if you import current video, using a manually set project preset?

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

To set the project preset manually...

Open a new project and go to Expert workspace File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In Change Settings, set the project preset as mentioned above.

In the last dialog (new project dialog) before exiting there, make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

Back in the Expert workspace, import your video, using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the video to the Timeline.

Is there an orange line over the content? There should be. Hit the Render button to get the best possible preview of the play back of that content in the Edit area monitor.

Is the audio and video in sync or is the situation same, better, worse?

We will be watching for your results at which time we can go into export opportunities if the audio video sync issue is resolved.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                          Teemu lehto Level 1

I am not sure if that made any difference. i found out that at start audio and video are in sync after min audio is ahead and couple of minutes more and then video is ahead of audio and between of these points audio and video get to sync. so one point audio is ahead the video and later audio is behind video. There is no lags in video or audio everything is smooth. And at the end of the clip audio end 3 second earlier than it should. and what i tested the audio and video have 3 second (or close) difference when it isn´t in sync.

Teemu Lehto       

• 10. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Teemu Lehto

Sorry for the delayed reply. The thread traffic plus Adobe updating its forums contributed to this delayed response.

Have you resolved your audio issues with Premiere Elements and your source media. You mentioned "any video" and you have the problem. Let us modify that to just what you presented in the screenshot comparison of the good and problem files.

First, let us go back to those screenshoots - the good and the problem one. They are not the same. Please look again to confirm what I think that I am seeing. The good uses that frame rate of 59.804 frames per second; whereas, the problem one is using 56.477 frames per second. It may be this frame rate, atypical for Premiere Elements, plus it being a variable rather than constant frame rate that is causing the problem.

For the good, we would expect the frame rate of 59.94. That 59.804 suggests that you may have a variable frame rate here, but, in spite of that, the file is working for you.

At this point, suggestions would be:

1. Use HandBrake to change the bad file's frame rate of 56.804 frames per second (appears to be variable type) to 59.94 frames per second (constant type) and then determine if this frame rate adjusted file now works for you in Premiere Elements.

2. If the good continues to be good, then leave it alone. If not, take the file into HandBrake to obtain a file with a constant frame rate of 59.94 frames per second.

What recorder is producing these files? Do you have control over the frame rate?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                              Teemu lehto Level 1

I think that fixed it. (handbrake).

Thank you for help. I really thought that there wouldn´t be any solutions. ty

• 12. Re: Problem vith video and audio in premier elements 11
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Teemu lehto

Thanks for the good news that the videos are now working for you. Good job of follow through to get the task done.

That follow up news will be helpful to all who might find themselves in a troubleshooting situation similar to the one your encountered.

Continuing successes with your video projects, and please never hesitate to ask if you have questions on your workflows.

Best wishes

ATR