11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 11:15 AM by A.T. Romano

Sharing in Premiere Elements 10

jfolk777

I am trying to share/export my video in Premiere Elements 10.

The video is 6:35 long, but only 1:07 will export. I've tried exporting it through multiple methods. The workbar area is set to the end of the project.

Why could this be?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please post a picture of your sharing screen

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

• 2. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jfolk777

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, what are the units for what you wrote

The video is 6:35 long, but only 1:07

Is that 6 minutes 35 seconds and the other 1 minute in 7 seconds?

Whatever the case, what are the properties of what you have on the Timeline? Are the files from a screen capture program or from a camera? (For properties, I am looking for video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio).

Let us start here.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
              jfolk777 Level 1

Hello,

Yes, my apologies, that is 6 minutes and 5 seconds for the total video, but only 1 minute and 7 seconds actually burns.

The video files are from a camera and there are also photos included on the Timeline.

Attached is the screen shot of the settings and a close up.

Thank you!

share settings.jpg

share settings-closeup.jpg

• 4. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                jfolk777 Level 1

I am now getting the message "Error compiling movie."

• 5. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jfolk777

Thanks for the reply with additional details. Very helpful.

With regard to Error compiling movie, please take a look at the following Adobe document on troubleshooting that area and see if there is anything in the document that helps your situation.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/error-error-compiling-movie-render.html

Expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline so that you can inspect the tracks for any irregularies - fragments, misaligned transitions, unwanted gaps, audio placement matters, etc.

Do you confirm that your source media is the 720 x 480 16:9 type? When it was recorded, do you know the video compression that was used? What was the file extension .mpg, .avi, or other?

Let us see what a zoomed in look of the Timeline content reveals.

ATR.

• 6. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                    jfolk777 Level 1

Thanks very much for your help!

The good news is I found the corrupted file and all of the video will now export.

The bad news is that the audio will not export - I have mp3 files and they won't export with the video. I've tried to upload directly to YouTube, and tried just creating the file, but either way it's not working.

Have you heard of this before?

• 7. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jfolk777

Thanks for the update. Great about the good news video part. Let us see what we can do about the audio issue.

Is all the audio involved linked or unlinked to the video at the present time?

Are you dealing with iTunes music that has never been converted?

Depending on the circumstances, we could give a try to converting the .mp3 to .wav in iTunes and then importing the .wav into the Premiere Elements project with the program's Get Media/Files and Folders.

Please detail the audio situation a little more and then we can confirm what next. I will supply any supplemental information needed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                        jfolk777 Level 1

The audio is unlinked. I tried converting the .mp3 files to .wav files, and now when it exports there is sound, but it's definitely not music - louder than static but similar to a choppy type of static.

Thanks!

• 9. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jfolk777

I reviewed your thread and have not found any mention of the origin of your source media (video and audio).

I think that we need to get into that information....brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded your source media.

Any chance that any of this is protected video/audio?

Please confirm....are you having problems with music files (.mp3) that you imported into the Premiere Elements project as well as the audio that imported into the project as audio linked to its video?

If music files (.mp3), are they iTune music files?

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                            jfolk777 Level 1

I'm sorry - yes, they are music files, but they are not iTune files, just mp3s.

The camera audio I didn't use - I unlinked the audio from video for the camera and deleted that audio.

It is the music files only I'm having an issue with - in both mp3 or wav form.

Thanks!

• 11. Re: Sharing in Premiere Elements 10
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

jfolk777

Thanks for the reply.

What players are playing the original music files (.mp3) without problems before they ever see Premiere Elements? If you take the .wav files converted from the original .mp3, do these .wav files play OK on that same player before they ever see Premiere Elements?

What program did you use for the conversion of the .mp3 to .wav.....iTunes or the free audio editor named Audacity?

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

At this point, with the .wav, where is the audio quality a problem....in the Edit area playback or in the playback of the export or both? What player is involved?

Let us try this...go to Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0 and delete all the files that you find there in the Media Cache Folder. Open a new project and import the audio files. Watch the bottom of the workspace for the appearance of a conforming bar. If you see one, let the conforming go to completion before moving forward, even if you have to import one audio file at a time.

Please remind me what computer operating system is involved. I have been assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Also, if most of the poor quality sound is happening after export, then we need to dig into the export settings in detail.

Thanks.

ATR