5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 2:37 PM by A.T. Romano

audio problems

BalsamPrismBoys

I just finished publishing a video and after a minute the sound cuts out.....what did i do wrong?

• 1. Re: audio problems
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Are you using an account with Administrator Privileges?

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 (Encore + "All" Premiere)

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page to help learn the program?

• 2. Re: audio problems
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Balsam

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" type issue?

What is the project preset for this project?

What are the properties of what you have on that Timeline? What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded your video?

What are the details of your export including the export settings?

What are you using for playback of this export?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: audio problems
              BalsamPrismBoys Level 1

I have adobe premiere elements 12/photoshop elements 12.

My computer is a HP w1907 Athlon X2 with Windows Vista(I plan on upgrading this) recommendations?

My camera is a Canon Vixia HFR400 and i am recording in AVCHD and 60P set as the video quality

Im filming hunts and editiong them.

Im fairly new to all this and i just upgraded from the basic Windows Movie Maker to this software.

Would i be better off recording in another setting like MP4 with the quality at 4,17,24,or 35Mbps. or stay with AVCHD and quality at LP,FXP, MXP, or 60P?

On my timeline there is a greenline over the top of my clips, and then it stops at about 1 minute and then it starts again at about 4mins

This is the first movie ive edited using this software.

• 4. Re: audio problems
                BalsamPrismBoys Level 1

I have adobe premiere elements 12/photoshop elements 12.

My computer is a HP w1907 Athlon X2 with Windows Vista(I plan on upgrading this) recommendations?

My camera is a Canon Vixia HFR400 and i am recording in AVCHD and 60P set as the video quality

Im filming hunts and editiong them.

Im fairly new to all this and i just upgraded from the basic Windows Movie Maker to this software.

Would i be better off recording in another setting like MP4 with the quality at 4,17,24,or 35Mbps. or stay with AVCHD and quality at LP,FXP, MXP, or 60P?

On my timeline there is a greenline over the top of my clips, and then it stops at about 1 minute and then it starts again at about 4mins

This is the first movie ive edited using this software.

• 5. Re: audio problems
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Balsam

Thanks for the details of your Premiere Elements 12 Vista workflow.

Whether your Windows Vista is 32 or 64 bit, Premiere Elements 12 will be running as a 32 bit application in Vista 32 bit system and as 32 bit application in 32 bit compatibility mode of Vista 64 bit. All that has computer resource implications for your resource demanding formats and longer projects. Premiere Elements 12 will be a 64 bit application when it is run specifically in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and will then have available to it the advanced resources of the 64 bit Windows 7, 8, or 8.1.

With the Canon HFR400 is looks like it records AVCHD at 60i (which is 29.97/30 frames per second...that 60i is 60 fields per second), 30p, and 60p. I would stay with the AVCHD 1080p60 for now. But, we aware of potential issues related to computer resource level. (At this point, we do not know how much free hard drive space your computer has and how much installed and available RAM exists.

This is what I would like you to do...

a. Open a new Premiere Elements 12 project to its Expert workspace.

b. In the Expert workspace, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

c. In Change Settings, set the project preset to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

Before leaving that area, in the new project dialog, make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Settings on This Project".

d. Back in the Expert workspace, import your video into the project via Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag your video to the Timeline.

If we have the project preset correct, there should be no colored line over the Timeline content. Do you see one?

If not, then hit the Play button of the Edit area monitor and judge the playback there.

If an orange line over the Timeline content, then hit the Render button to get the best possible preview and then judge the playback of that rendered Timeline in the Edit area monitor.

Then let us know of your progress. At that point we can evaluate what we have and then decide what next.

I would definitely go for the AVCHD setting. We can always consider going to less resource demanding settings at a later time.

Thanks.

ATR