• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable signature verification/validation.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The platform I'm working with is Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.

The forms that my place of employment uses require signatures from the client and our representative. We are using an Ipad on the field to present forms and obtain signatures from clients. The forms once singed are emailed to ourselves so that we can store them in our server. The problem we have encountered is that once the documents is signed and we try to open it on our PCs (windows) we get the infamous message- "At least one signature is invalid..."  Our agency does not need the signature to be certified or validated, all we require is that the signature be carried over digitally with the form so we can keep in our records. Is there a way around this problem? I have searched on the forum for an answer but I haven't found one yet.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The warning is a security feature so you cannot just turn it off.

Adding the digital ID(s) that created the self-signed identities to your trust list will stop the message appearing for that specific ID, but you cannot choose to globally trust all self-signed IDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you signing on an iPad? Adobe Reader for iOS doesn't support digital signatures, so I'm wondering what does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that on the ipad we are using PDF Expert to open, fill and sign all of our forms. It is unfortunate that that feature cannot be turned off. Now, how would i go about validating a signature? I don't understand what it is that i need to do.

thank you for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document digitally signed or Reader-enabled prior to it being e-signed with PDF Expert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document is Reader-enabled prior to being signed with PDF Expert and not it is not digitally signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a document is Reader-enabled, it is digitally signed by Acrobat and this signature is used to validate the usage rights. PDF Expert doesn't save the document in a way that would retain the usage rights, and since the form doesn't need to be Reader-enabled in order to be used with PDF Expert, you should not enable it and this problem should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with a new simple form that is not  reader-enabled with the hopes that it would fix the problem but I still get the same message. Is there maybe a different app that anyone could recommend using when filling out pdf forms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be very interested in looking at a sample document - one that was not Reader-enabled and e-signed with PDF Expert - that shows this behavior. If you're free to email me a sample I'd be happy to take a look: acroscript at gmail dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you a sample of a form i am having issues with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file. The problem is you're using digital signature fields with PDF Expert, but Acrobat/Reader don't have a way to validate such signatures (because they can't be). I assumed that you would not use signature fields and instead simply use the signature tool in PDF Expert to e-sign. These two different methods result in the same type of things, namely an appearance of a hand drawn signature, but neither are digital signatures. In the case of the digital signature field, it merely sets the field appearance. So I would suggest removing the signature fields and use the signature tool in PDF Expert instead.

Here's a bit more info: https://helpspot.readdle.com/en/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=124

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do as I suggested and use the signature tool instead of digital signature fields, it might be a good idea to flatten the resulting pencil annotations, either when sending the document or after you receive the document. A handy tool you can use for this is the free JavaScript-based utility Dave provides here: http://www.uvsar.com/projects/acrobat/flattener/

You can selectively flatten just the pencil marks (aka Freeform lines) and perhaps the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I disable signatures in Adobe.

I have a form when I want every time user open the form he have to sign it (with draw function) and not use electronic sign which is saved.

That is why I want to disable signatures from it. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature that enables Reader enablement does not show up in Reader UI, so the "Invalid signature" message is unrelated to Reader enablement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your help with this problem. I ended up deleting all signature fields on my forms and using the signature feature on PDFExpert. This is working out great for our purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i'm bringing this old one up because i ran into the same mistake as chaye28.

Now my Problem is that i have about 50 filled forms including an signature field wich cannot be flattend due to the invalid signature.

Is there any way to remove the Signatur from the documents so i can flatten it? Or maybe a tool that doesn't care an flattens them anyway?

Regards Nic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send it back to your iPad and send a flattened copy with PDF Expert 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines