2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 7:37 AM by DIS@MI

CS6 won't open all images from Windows Explorer

DIS@MI

Hi!

Today a colleague of mine encountered a strange behaviour with Photoshop CS6 64bit on a Win7-PC (also 64bit), which I could reproduce on a second machine.

Highlighting severeal jpg-images in a folder and hitting the Enter-key opens

1. all images in Photoshop, when Photoshop wasn't running
      2. only some images (1 - 4 images out of 5) randomly, when Photoshop was already running

The same effect happens when I use the "Open with..."-command from Windows Explorer on the images.

Does anyone know this issue?

Regards

Dieter

• 1. Re: CS6 won't open all images from Windows Explorer
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Normal behavior. Windows only allows a given number of files to be handed over via DDE and that's what happens when a process is already active. When you do this with no program open, it simply blindly fires a standard command with only one file as an argument, but does so for every single file. That's why it works then. Nothing you can change. It's a limitation in Windows itself combined with the fact that only one PS process can be active....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CS6 won't open all images from Windows Explorer
            DIS@MI Level 1

Hi Mylenium!

Thank you for your reply! I've just performed a test on another machine (win7, 64bit) with Photoshop CS5 installed. All images open in this enviroment without a problem, even when Photoshop is already running.

Dieter