4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 4:16 PM by Marykite

Why I can only import the audio track from my digital camera?

Marykite

Hello

The video is playing fine on my computer but when I try to import it on Premiere Element, the video track does not apear, only the audio track get imported. Anybody can help? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Why I can only import the audio track from my digital camera?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Marykite

You have not supplied enough information for us to help you. Please post

What version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that is recording this video. That is my quick way of getting at the important question regarding the properties of your source media. The longer and more comprehensive way would be for you to get a properties readout from a  program such as MediaInfo (Windows).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Watch out for unwanted carry alongs with MediaInfo.

There are some problematic video compression for Premiere Elements - some examples, AVCHD.avi, Xvid.avi, MotionJPEG.avi.

You could also use the gpsot utility to get codec information if it comes to that.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Also, is the problem just with this specific video format or with all imports (video and still)? If so, we would need to consider a display issue. In that case, we would need information about the video card/graphics card that your computer uses. Is the driver for the card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? Does your computer use more than 1 video card/graphics card?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

What are you or the program setting as the project preset? If you do not know, please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if grayed out).

What is your intended export for the edited Timeline?

• 2. Re: Why I can only import the audio track from my digital camera?
            Marykite Level 1

What is your intended export for the edited Timeline? Hello

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have Adobe Premiere Element 12 on a Sony Vaio running with Windows 8 and my camera is a Pentax WG-3. The video tracks are playing fine on my computer with Windows Media Player or Quick Time and on my friend’s computer with Premiere Pro.

I already tried few codec packs and it did not change anything. Did not get gspot to work tho.

I am kind of lost with all those codecs and drivers…

Here are the settings for the current project:        

HD 1080i, 29,97 image/s, 1920x1080, squared (1,0)

Hope that will help you to help me!

Thanks again for your answer, trying to figure all of that.

Mary

• 3. Re: Why I can only import the audio track from my digital camera?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary

Thanks for the reply. I have been hunting around the Internet for information on your camera and its video.

That Pentax WG-3 should be recording "1080p" with AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) video compression. That should be compatible with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8 64 bit, provided the file extension is not .avi. What is the file extension of your video?  If you have AVCHD.avi, then you will need to convert your video to another format. But, we await your answer on the file extension.

Another possibility is that the video card/graphic card that you computer uses is out of date. So, we should be assuring that the card driver is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. See Device Manager/Display Adapter/and the card or cards listed under Display Adapters. More than one tends to be a problems for Premiere Elements more often than not.

If your camera is shooting 1080p, then best we use the DSLR project preset set manually

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

The details for setting the project preset manually can be found in the How To section of blog post

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-accuracy-of-automatic-project.html

More later. Looking forward to your results and comments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why I can only import the audio track from my digital camera?
                Marykite Level 1

Romano,

The extention of my videos is .MOV

My graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 8610G and I can see I have a AMD HD Audio Device, Audio Bluetooth, Realteck HD Audio but I can't find anything about the video card? Maybe that is the problem? What should I do?

Tried manually the preset set you suggested for the project but it doesn't seems to change anything...

Hope we find out.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks again.