1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2007 11:03 AM by Newsgroup_User

A tad overwhelmed

EforEric
      Hi All,
      Ok so I've dabbled in design for awhile and decided to start a hobby-type business which is quickly turning into a very popular, fun, and profitable business. I need to bring myself up to speed on stuff so here's my question(s):

1. I'm much more comfortable in fireworks than photoshop from a page layout standpoint. What is the best way to integrate my graphics into a dreamweaver layout and then add the content text in dreamweaver? Slicing right from fireworks? Creating a table layout in DW and then adding the images/text?

2. Just so you don't think I'm lazy and looking for quick answers :-) I do have a subscription to lynda.com as well as various books on the cs3 package (although I can't seem to find a fireworks standalone book).

3. I guess the bottom line is this; for someone who stinks at css layouts (except for text css styles) and is apt at fireworks, what's the best way for me to combine these crazy, yet fun, programs?

4. Any additional online/print resources that can help with my training?

Thanks so much for your time,
      A Newbie
        • 1. Re: A tad overwhelmed
          Level 7
          EforEric wrote:
          > Hi All,
          > Ok so I've dabbled in design for awhile and decided to start a hobby-type
          > business which is quickly turning into a very popular, fun, and profitable
          > business. I need to bring myself up to speed on stuff so here's my question(s):
          >
          > 1. I'm much more comfortable in fireworks than photoshop from a page layout
          > standpoint. What is the best way to integrate my graphics into a dreamweaver
          > layout and then add the content text in dreamweaver? Slicing right from
          > fireworks? Creating a table layout in DW and then adding the images/text?
          >
          > 2. Just so you don't think I'm lazy and looking for quick answers :-) I do
          > have a subscription to lynda.com as well as various books on the cs3 package
          > (although I can't seem to find a fireworks standalone book).
          >
          > 3. I guess the bottom line is this; for someone who stinks at css layouts
          > (except for text css styles) and is apt at fireworks, what's the best way for
          > me to combine these crazy, yet fun, programs?
          >
          > 4. Any additional online/print resources that can help with my training?
          >
          > Thanks so much for your time,
          > A Newbie
          >
          Here's one place to start.......

http://tinyurl.com/3bj883

SKB