4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 10:02 AM by kiwipebs

Please help

kiwipebs

I need help in having a text field automatically populate from the export value of a drop down box in Acrobat XI. I have a very long list in the drop down box and I'm looking for a simple script to use for this. Also I need the text field to immediately show the info when the drop down selection is clicked.

Please help... many thanks in advance!

A

• 1. Re: Please help
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Set the drop-down to commit the selected value immediately (under Properties - Options), and then use this code as the custom validation script of the text-field (of course, adjust the name of the field to match yours):

event.value = this.getField("Dropdown1").value;

• 2. Re: Please help
            kiwipebs Level 1

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately no it doesn't populate the targeted text field. I removed this script from the "Actions" tab of the Drop down box:

var target = this.getField('Textfield');
            var cBox = this.getField('dropdown');
            target.value = cBox.value;

and used what you gave me and pasted it into the validation script area in the text field. Now nothing is populating the field.

• 3. Re: Please help
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, it should be the custom calculation script (of the text field, of course), not validation. And remove any other code that you have used to do this task.

• 4. Re: Please help
                kiwipebs Level 1

Thank you so much for the help. It works like a charm!! Gilad Rocks!