11 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2014 1:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Blu Ray Disc

VRB817964

I have  a high definition project created in 1080p. When burned to a BluRay in 1080p the disc plays jerky

• 1. Re: Blu Ray Disc
          A.T. Romano Level 7

VRB817964

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the format of your source video and what are you or the program setting as the project preset to match the properties of your source media?

What did the rendered Timeline look like in the Edit area monitor before burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Please fill in a lot more details on the source, import, editing, and export so that we may try to help improve the quality of your export.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Blu Ray Disc
            VRB817964 Level 1

I have filled in the requested information below and when we output to a BluRay we have the settings as BluRay Disc  H.264 1920x 1080p NTSC Dolby.

• 3. Re: Blu Ray Disc
              A.T. Romano Level 7

VRB817964

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the requested information did not get posted. Please try again.

If you responded to an email notification of a thread post or are sending from a cell phone, please try sending from your computer browser, accessing Adobe Premiere Elements Forum, and posting a reply with the screenshot (see camera icon at top of the Reply post in progress).

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                VRB817964 Level 1

We are using Elements 12 on a Mac OSx 10.9.2

Source Video is Full HD 1920 x 1080p/60 in AVCHD format

The project preset is AVCHD 1920 x 1080p/60

When rendered in the time line it looked fine. We also burned redular DVDs and it looked fine on those

• 5. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

VRB817964

Please check out the quality of the AVCHD format on DVD disc

Premiere Elements 12 Mac

Publish+Share

Disc

AVCHD

disc

with Presets = H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby (that will have frame rate of 29.97 interlaced frames per second)

and also H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby (that will have frame rate of 24 progressive frames per second).

With Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, one cannot escape the 29.97 interlaced frames per second frame rate.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                    VRB817964 Level 1

So what your saying is that even though there are settings for a bluray you can't actually burn to bluray

Have a Great Day

Veronica

705-632-9121

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Veronica

What I am saying is that you can burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc only in the presets that Premiere Elements offers. In your case, you have a source with the properties 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second. You can burn that to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc but not with the 60 progressive frames per second. Instead, if you are setup up for NTSC, 29.97 interlaced frames per second; if you are set up for PAL, then 25 interlaced frames per second.

Premiere Elements offers a high definition format (AVCHD) on DVD disc with only the presets shown. AVCHD has 1920 x 1080 sizing. I asked you to try that approach so that I could compare the quality results of your Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc with the AVCHD on DVD disc. That AVCHD on DVD disc typically cannot be played back on a regular DVD player. Needs a Blu-ray player that supports that format.

Please let me know if you are OK with the details. If not, please do not hesitate to let me know where you need clarification.

If we are OK on the above and problem continues, then we need to go deeper into the details of the source media and the computer / project setup.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...To avoid nuisances, please do not include contact information in the post since it is viewed by all. You are not just responding to an email between just us.

• 8. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                        VRB817964 Level 1

Unfortunately our project is too large to burn to a dvd disc in AVCHD format. We ended up burning it to a BluRay as a 1080i. This seemed to remove the jitter. The picture wasn't as good as the original 1080p but it was acceptable. Would upgrading to Premiere Pro give us more export options?

• 9. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Verconia

Thanks for the reply. Could your clarify what you did to gain improvement in the quality of your end product BluRay disc format on BluRay disc.

It was my understanding that before you were establishing your project with a

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

project presetting for your 1920 x 1080 @60 progressive frames per second source media.

And your burn to Blu-ray was using the preset

H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby

and the result was choppy.

So, what did you do now when you produced a Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, resulting in jitter removal?

Did you change the project preset to

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30

and have a source media of 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second instead.

and use the same burn settings, that is, H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby?

Or something else.

I doubt that Premiere Pro would give you better results. But, I have never been there and done that. If you do consider a Premiere Pro version, if possible please go tryout before purchase to test the program's compatibility with your computer environment as well as to determine if it meets your video project needs.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                            VRB817964 Level 1

Our Project setting was

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

project preset 1920 x 1080 @60 progressive frames per second source media.

Our Original Output for BluRay was

H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby

The result was choppy

We tried creating an AVCHD as you had suggested but the project was too large.

We then tried Outputting to BluRay

The result was acceptable. It wasn't as good as the original but at least it played without the choppiness.

We are going to try downloading a trial version of pro to see if we get better results.

• 11. Re: Blu Ray Disc
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Virginia

Thanks for the update. We will be watching for further developments. But, I did want to comment on your latest post details to make sure that we are in sync with those details beyond the setting of the project preset.

You wrote

Our Original Output for BluRay was

H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby

The result was choppy

From the description, that seems to be a burn to Blu-ray disc. But there is no H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby choice. There is the H.264 1920 x 1080 i NTSC Dolby choice. Is that what you meant? With the H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby, there is no opportunity to change the preset which comes with a 29.97 interlaced frames per second frame rate.

You wrote

We tried creating an AVCHD as you had suggested but the project was too large.

We then tried Outputting to BluRay

The result was acceptable. It wasn't as good as the original but at least it played without the choppiness.

It would have been good to see the AVCHD DVD quality as a mini test run even if you had to shorten the Timeline just for that mini test run. But, here is where I wondered even more what you did in the case above when you mention Blu-ray and H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby.

Have you looked at the quality of the export of your 1080p60 Timeline when it is exported to a file saved to the computer hard drive. The file export suggestion would be

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30, but that would be customized to 1920 x 1080p60 under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset. See screenshot.

AVCHDSettings.JPG

What does that look like when played back on your player?

Thanks for follow ups.

ATR