9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 6:22 AM by Peter Spier

Frequent hangs & crashes using Adobe CS6 (mainly InDesign 8)

theuksandman

Hi there,

I work for an IT support desk - we currently have a ticket open for 2 of our colleagues using Windows 7 SP1 32-bit with Adobe Design Suite CS6. Throughout the day, both colleagues receive frequent hangs and crashes when using CS6 applications - primarily InDesign 8.

There are no rhymes or immediate reasons for these hangs and crashes - it happens on multiple files, and sometimes will occur if you load up only the application on its own. So far, we have updated CS6 with the latest product patches but this seemed to make things worse. We have also uninstalled and re-installed the suite from scratch. The machines in question do not have a seperate high-end graphics card, but do have 4GB of RAM and a Core i3 processor.

I've detailed an example of one of the crashes from the event viewer below:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.0.370, time stamp: 0x4f72c3ee

Faulting module name: AdobePSL.dll, version: 13.0.0.19655, time stamp: 0x4f44dad4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0055112d

Faulting process id: 0x1f00

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf37c53fd91e61

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\AdobePSL.dll

Report Id: 80d26180-a3b8-11e3-b617-7446a0c16998

It always seems to be AdobePSL.dll that is referenced in the event logs for each crash. I was wondering if anyone else in the community encountered similar issues or would be able to assist in getting to the root of the issue.

If nothing can be done, the company is going to look at providing custom Windows 7 64bit machines to see if this helps the situation.

Kind Regards, Steve.