9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 4:41 AM by mac1631

I can not open file in InDesign cs6

mac1631

Help me please.

I saved the file in InDesign cs6. When I try to open it, InDesig says: "I can't open file".

• 1. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What is the exact error message? Was the file properly closed the last time it was open?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6
            mac1631 Level 1

The file was closed properly. This is error message.

problem.jpg

When I try add this file to the book file, ID says:

problem2.jpg

• 3. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6

Can you translate that second dialog into English for me? It looks like the cannot open file xxx.ind beasue it is open in another application or the file type is not recognized error. If that's what it is, check for a .idlk file inthe same folder and delete it. If ther e is none, open the file in a plain text editor like notepad and paste the first two or three lines of the file here.

• 4. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6
                mac1631 Level 1

Nowhere have IDLK file. This is 3 lines from my file:

íőŘ Fĺ˝1ďçţt· DOCUMENT p           k   şź                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Ů               ź   ›

s   ĄÉo     •   uäA     6   ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ń       é   »   ´J     

>      A                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Ólźd  íőŘ Fĺ˝1ďçţt· DOCUMENT p           k   şź                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Ř               ź   ›

s   ĄÉo     •   uäA     6   ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ń       é   »   ´J     

>      A                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ŇlŔTÝ   ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        m|U¨Ý   ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

• 5. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6

Jongware is better at interpreting the header than I am, but ti does look like an InDesign File. I just can't tell if it's damaged. Have you tried opeing on another machine or with a different user account, or as a copy?

THere's also a blind-open export to .idml script that might work to export a .idml file that would open noramlly and could be saved as a new .indd. See Adobe Community: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

• 6. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6
                    mac1631 Level 1

I send to you ftp-link via private mail. I tray open it in different computer.

• 7. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6

I got yoour file, and I was able to open it as a copy -- seems to be some sort of permissions issue. You should try that and first export to .idml to clean out wahtever you can, then resave the .idml with a new name and use that. See Remove minor corruption by exporting

• 8. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6

Looking through the file history I see it crashed and was recovered on March 23. That's probably where the problem began....

• 9. Re: I can not open file in InDesign cs6
                          mac1631 Level 1

Please save the corect version in my ftp server.