2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2014 7:21 AM by lornaimw

CC Disk cache and memory piling up

lornaimw Level 1

In two of my projects I've worked on recently, the memory and disck cache just fills up instantly it seems. I have to purge every half hour atleast or the project just lags.

Have I got something wrong in my workflow for this to be happening? Any settings I can change?

It hasn't been happening until now, and only on these two projects. I have been previewing a lot, but that's what I always do?

Very strange! Any help is appreciated. Thanks all

• 1. Re: CC Disk cache and memory piling up
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This depends on the file types used. AE will pre-emptively cache certain compressed video and audio formats, but not all. Sionce you haven't provided the detailsm we can't tell you more than that.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CC Disk cache and memory piling up
            lornaimw Level 1

Hi there

Mostly I use psd and ai files. I had been using psd files exported out of ai, which were all pre composed and quite mad, so can understand all those pre comps being an issue. But even when working in regular files with only the few pre comps I make, it's still doing the same thing. Just opened up one to use for camera tracking, time re mapping and use with an ai file. Probably about 10 precomps (Includin the footage for time remapping) and memory and cache are constantly hitting 16GB.

Help?!