2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 12:52 PM by A.T. Romano

HOW TO GET ZIP PHOTO Files INTO Premiere elements 12

jusi3404

How do I extract photos from a zip file in order to drag them into premiere elements 12?

Now I keep getting error messages that adobe reader could not open

"for john-zip" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged

[ for example, it was sent as an e-mail attachment & wasnot completlt decoded]

I also will get upon repeated trys to GET PICTURES' into  premiere elements 12  > "Catastrophic failure"

THIS IS A WINDOWS 8 LABTOP TOSHIBA L875D-S7332

/John

• 1. Re: HOW TO GET ZIP PHOTO Files INTO Premiere elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe Reader is designed to read PDF files, not compressed ZIP files

After saving the ZIP file to a folder on your hard drive, RIGHT click while in File Explorer (or whatever it's called in Win8) and there SHOULD be an "extract or unzip" option

If not, you will have to Google for a program to UN-ZIP your files... there are many FREE programs, I use one named 7-zip

• 2. Re: HOW TO GET ZIP PHOTO Files INTO Premiere elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jusi3404

What is the file extension of this zipped folder.....zip or 7-Zip or something else?

If you have a ordinary .zip folder with a .jpeg photo inside it, you should be able to right click the zipped folder, select Extract All from drop down list, and then follow the instructions to get the unzipped folder that you open by double clicking it in order to see and use the photo.

Also, if this photo was edited in Photoshop and has a CMYK color profile, you will not be able to open it in Premiere Elements (any version).

Keep away from the Adobe Reader if all that you have is a zipped folder.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR