4 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2007 9:57 AM by balboas

scrolling text

balboas
      I made a text scrolling, but every time I try to move through the text using the scroll bar, the playhead stops and any movement on the screen.
        • 1. Re: scrolling text
          Level 7
          It sounds like you are using a repeat loop in your scrolling. You'll
          have to give us some more information on what you're trying to achieve
          and what is going wrong before anyone can supply any sort of a solution
          for you.

--
          Rob
          _______
          Rob Dillon
          Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.ddg-designs.com
          412-243-9119

http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial/
          • 2. Re: scrolling text
            James Newton, ACP Level 3
            The built-in scrollbars are controlled by the Operating System, not by Director. While you are scrolling, Director relinquishes control of the computer to the OS; no Director activity is possible during this time.

There are a number of workarounds.

1. You can use the Custom Scroll Bar behavior from the Library Palette to create your own scrollbar.
            2. You can use Luke Wigley's Imaging Lingo scrollbar scripts, which you can download from his LingoWorkshop site.
            3. You can use my Instance Registry technique to create a scrollbar. Demo and source available from my site.
            4. You can invest in the OSControl Xtra, which you can purchase from my website. A demo version is available here.
            5. ...
            • 3. Re: scrolling text
              balboas Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: openspark
              The built-in scrollbars are controlled by the Operating System, not by Director. While you are scrolling, Director relinquishes control of the computer to the OS; no Director activity is possible during this time.

There are a number of workarounds.

1. You can use the Custom Scroll Bar behavior from the Library Palette to create your own scrollbar.
              2. You can use Luke Wigley's Imaging Lingo scrollbar scripts, which you can download from his LingoWorkshop site.
              3. You can use my Instance Registry technique to create a scrollbar. Demo and source available from my site.
              4. You can invest in the OSControl Xtra, which you can purchase from my website. A demo version is available here.
              5. ...

• 4. Re: scrolling text
                balboas Level 1
                Well, I used the Custom Scroll Bar behavior from the Library Palette and it works without a problem. The only thing is that the up and down arrows move to the left and the dragger moves to the right and stay there (when I press play).There are not aligned with the bar. Why is that?