1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2014 9:31 AM by rmascarenas

Web app items with the user that input the item on the list

rmascarenas Level 1

I have this web app item that i will use it in some sort of forum and i need to have the user name who posted the item on the list view.

i can't make it to show the user who posted the item i also have this code were it shows you the users who are loged in to the secure zone on real time.

{module_whosloggedin,page}  hope this helps for something i really need this.

thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Web app items with the user that input the item on the list
          rmascarenas Level 1

i already found the answer if any of you guys need it also.

This was quite easy if you understand the business catalyst site, what i wanted to do was that everytime a registered user from my site made a web app item to have the user name input on that specific web app item kinda like in the forum you have the user who posted the item.

this was posible by using a module, what i did was that i created another field on the web app named user and it was a text field, then on the web app input form i set this input field as hiden and gave it a value of {module_username} and then in the layout view i put the {tag_user} and done i had this input field named user have the value input automatically and my users didnt knew about the field, the information was done by itself and in the list view it shows who posted the web app item.

hope this helps to someone, if you need further information about this solution feel free to ask.